VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 08 – 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Purpose:- Receive, register coffee samples and assign codes based on information obtained from data assistant/coder. . Homogenize and divide samples, measure the screen size and moisture content as per ECX quality standards.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and registers incoming samples and duplicates given codes based on information obtained from the data assistant/coder;
- Properly mixes the commodity sample, measures the screen size and moisture content of the sample;
- Divides the sample in to working, reference and client distribution;
- Divides and distributes working samples for internal use;
- Receives and registers quality assessment results;
- Properly maintains the reference sample for 20 working days;
- Files and provides client sample with the issued result, and accordingly organizes left over samples;
- Properly bulks the left over sample in accordance with the standard set for bulking, documents and transfers to the warehouse using commodity delivery form;
- Ensures proper handling and placement of lab materials and equipment;
- Keeps the work space neat as well as clean and avoids using any contaminant/artificial odor;
- Performs other related tasks by the as assigned immediate supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
· TVET 10+3Level 4 Diploma or Equivalent Agriculture, Laboratory Technician or related and 0 year work experience
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Kombolcha ECX branch Offices on or before October 13, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted