Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Expert (m/f/d) Technical Assistance for Business Environment and Investment Climate, including e-government
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Technical Assistance for Business Environment and Investment Climate, including e-government” in Ethiopia.
The overall objective of the project, of which this contract will be a part, is to contribute to the improvement of the business environment in Ethiopia, to foster private sector development and the generation of employment and income opportunities in the context of the EODB programme of the government.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
1. Provide technical assistance and capacity-building to public sector entities in Ethiopia for implementing reforms to improve the business environment;
2. Support the establishment or modernisation of e-government systems and provide capacity-building and implementation support for the e-government systems implemented;
3. Support public-private dialogue in Ethiopia and existing and potential investors. In this project, public-private dialogue is defined as any platform where the government and private sector can discuss matters related to the business environment.
The e-governance expert will assess, recommend and advice on delivering reforms in digital business processes and organizational structures with a view to automate business processes for enhanced and efficient service delivery.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a master’s degree in computer science, engineering, economics, business, public administration or related field. Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree in similar fields and at least 5 years of professional experience in addition to the minimum required below;
- Fully computer literate, proficient user of Microsoft Office and good understanding of database software;
- Fluency in English, including excellent speaking, presentation and written reporting abilities.
General professional experience:
- At least a total of 10 years of experience in organizational development and/or ICT systems development
- Experience in delivering digital business processes and organizational structures with a view to automate business processes for enhanced and efficient service delivery.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven experience in developing e-governance systems (i.e. systems allowing the delivery of government information and services via the Internet or other digital means to citizens, businesses or other governmental agencies);
- Proven knowledge in ICT in the field of e-governance;
- Proven experience in IT project management or an IT certification will be an asset;
- Experience in developing countries, particularly in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA), will be an asset.
The normal place of posting for the key experts is Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. As activities will be undertaken in Ethiopia at both the federal and regional level, the contractor is expected to deploy technical staff to Addis Ababa, with missions to regional capitals, as required by the work programme.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 1 February 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date (indicatively 660 working days).
HOW TO APPLY
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
Application Link: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=51338
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.