U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia looking for qualified applicants for the following open vacancies.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 33-2017
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Janitor Foreman, FSN-05; FP-9
OPENING DATE: September 5, 2017
CLOSING DATE: September 19, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time (48 hours/week)
SALARY: *Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-09 (Starting salary to be determined by Washington)
Ordinarily Resident (OR): Starting Salary – 8,772 USD per year
(Position Grade: FSN-05)
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for the position of Janitor Foreman in the Facility Office of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the direct supervision of Assistant Facility Manager the incumbent supervises the janitors, and assures that building premises are kept in orderly condition.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383)
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience: Two years of janitorial experience. Two years supervisory experience in related field is required.
- Language: English Level III (good working English Knowledge) is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
- Skills and Abilities: Basic computer literacy.
- Knowledge: Operating- shampoo machines, carpet cleaning machine, vacuums, floor wax machines/dryers and types of detergents.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM/USEFM who is also a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM/USEFM who is not a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- FS on Leave Without Pay
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
HOW TO APPLY