IT Support Officer – British Embassy
IT Support Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
IT Support Officer
- Carry out day-to-day IT support services within the British Embassy
- Provide quality services in line with the business plan for the year
- Manage standalone Computers
- Manage user accounts (Create, Enable, Disable, transfer and remove User accounts)
- Build and rebuild failed workstations.
- Assist in the implementation of the IT Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Liaise with UK service desks by escalating faults that cannot be resolved locally including logging, reporting and following up.
- Co-ordinate telecommunication needs, landline, mobiles, internet.
- Instruct IT users to raise their own faults through the ServiceNow Portal – in the event/incident that is unique to them and not a wider issue.
- Maintain a database of uninterrupted power supply (UPS) battery details including date of installation, and next due date for exchange – applies to PC UPSs and UPSs attached to servers.
- Responsible for IT inventory – keep an up-to-date inventory of all IT equipment.
- Assist in the management of the IP Phones, mobile phones, and Mobile lines both data and voice usage
- Responsible for the proper distribution of mobile phones and their records.
- Install and maintain hardware/peripherals and support cabling, switches, as required by the Embassy
- Desk-side application support.
- Desk-side user support/training / hand-holding.
- SmartPhone configuration/assignments.
- Internet connections and configurations.
- Hardware moves and changes.
- Manage Anti-virus.
- Locally managed IT systems and laptops/Desktops/printers/scanners.
- Local Networks, mobile phones, fax machines and video conferencing tools.
- Crisis Equipment Management.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Information Systems Management or related fields.
- 3 or more years of relevant professional experience in IT support services.
- Experience in user desktop support, in particular, Office 365 and cloud.
- Experience in Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Ms Teams.
- Experience in structured cabling in particular CAT6, etc.
- Good working knowledge of networking and PC infrastructure.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 05, December , 2023.