Inventory Accountant – Unilever
Unilever is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Ensure correct accounting and valuation for Finished Goods, Raw & Pack Stocks both at Unilever and at approved 3rd parties and Engineering spares in line with the accounting policy and the International Accounting Standards
- Correct provisioning for Slow moving and obsolete stocks per the stocks policy
- Partnering with the business (Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales teams etc) on initiatives to run down SLOBS.
- Monitor and ensure effectiveness of Stocks and Engineering spares controls including continuous review of processes and policy to maintain a sound control environment around stocks
- Material Usage review of factories and ensure sign off
- Organize and coordinate the monthly and quarterly stock take for Finished Goods, Raw & Pack and Engineering spares (yearly) including ensuring that there are resources for the count and that all locations have been counted and signed off and following up on any issues raised during the count
- Provide advice to supply chain teams for exceptions to process/policy or introduction of new processes
- Monthly stocks forecasting with planners for working capital reporting.
- Embed controls relating to make to deliver- Stocks and update EGRC controls tool.
- Ensure respective SC departments have documents for all GRNed purchases in the month(documents listed below)
- Prepare a cost buildup sheet based on the actual purchase documents for each imported purchase(see below)
- Do a reconciliation between the stock GL value and quantity Vs the invoice posting Vs the prepared purchase value and quantity and identify the real cause of the difference.
- Prepare inventory movement for each month (FG,RM,PM and Sparepart). Prepare FG reconciliation between the inventory movement quantity with the sales quantity for the month.
- Prepare a COGS reconciliation for each month and annually and explain the root cause of the difference.
- University graduate in Finance/Accounting or related field of study.
- Professional qualification in accounting e.g. ACCA, CIA, CIMA, CPA etc.
- MA in Finance/Business an added advantage.
- Minimum 2-3 years in Finance in a busy organization.
- SAP experience.
- Resilience (ability to cope with time pressure and challenges).
- High degree of flexibility and ability to quickly understand new topics.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders.
- Strong engagement, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner.
- Strong analytical skills, Excel modelling skills and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 25, November , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: