- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Internships
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is an international development organisation established in 1965. SNV has a local presence in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, providing market-driven solutions in Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Our team of 1,300 specialists and generalists, nationals and internationals, women and men, young and more seasoned colleagues are the backbones of SNV.
SNV, in response to the 1974 drought in northern Ethiopia, started working on the Food for Work Program, called Kobbo-Lalibella Road Construction project – which involved 6000 farmers. Successfully completing the project, SNV started implementing other rural development projects focusing, particularly, on capacity development of key stakeholders in different sectors. Currently, we are working in Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene sectors to making a lasting difference in the lives of people. SNV strives to ensure that women, men and youth balance benefits from their efforts. Presently, SNV Ethiopia is implementing over 14 projects in more than 369 woredas; Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa City Administrations, Afar, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, Somali, Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples Region, and Tigray National Regional States.
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
A Data Entry role involves entering data from various sources into the organization computer system for processing and management. An intern or a candidate working in data entry needs to efficiently manage a large amount of information (4 years Farmers Field School (FFS) data. Any information inputted by the Data Entry team will then be used by project staffs, other people for reference or reports.
Under the direct supervision of the Project M&E advisory, the interns is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Filling all the Basic Data to the project M&E database.
- Filling all Cost Benefit Analysis data
- Preparing and sorting 4 years data for data entry.
- Entering data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Responding to information requests from authorized members.
- Testing the new entry on the database systems and software updates
Contract Type: Local
SNV offers for intern daily allowance, medical and life insurance as per SNV Policy. We also offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with various computer programs such as MS Office (formal computer training may be advantageous in progressing in this career)
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work to time constraints.
Skills and competency required
- Result orientation
- Focus on quality
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the Apply For This Jobs button or click here
and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 23 October 2020. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject/reference.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a 1 month contract. SNV is a global organization committed to bringing different people, ideas, and perspectives together.