The Internal Compliance Officer is based at Addis Ababa office and will be reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration. The Internal Compliance Officer will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
Category: Accounting and Finance,
Business and Administration
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of operations, adherence to policies, procedures, statutory laws and the industry best practices.
· Review Vouchers, conduct any ad-hoc audit, financial investigations.
· Conduct regular pre- and post-audits and risk assessments of financial transactions, and documentation and reporting of findings
· Handle tracking of all program inventory, disbursement systems and inventory control
· Ensure review of current policies and procedures to ensure effective internal controls
· Conduct management audits to ensure adherence to management standards, policies and procedures
· Verify that all regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated
· Analysis the overall vehicle movement and provide report.
· Responsible for warehouse Issuance and ensure that the organization’s assets are properly managed and safeguarded against loss or damage
· Involve in the procurement process and assist.
· Responsible for security clearance for vendors and employees.
· BA degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field is required.
· Detail Oriented
· At least 5 years relevant work experience
· Experience with USAID or international donor programs is mandatory.
· Applicants should have outstanding organizational skills and fluent written and spoken English, Amharic and regional local language.
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills coupled with the ability to build strong and effective relationships with stakeholders, clients and colleagues
· A self-starter who can work independently with minimal support but can also work in a team with varying focus and demands.
· Able to work under pressure and deal concurrently with multiple assignments.