Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
ILDP Project Officer
- Duty station : Addis Ababa
- Term of Employment : Contract
- Salary : As Per Company Scale
- Required number: 1
- Reports to : The ILDP Programme Coordinator
The ILDP Project Officer Is responsible to
• Carry out regular stakeholder consultations with both government and non-government agencies, attend and organize field visits. in the project areas in order to have consultation with target beneficiaries and end-user agencies and or institutions ;
• Prepare inputs and regular updates to detail and specific work plans, action plans, calendar of events, as well as risk, issue and lessons learned logs in close coordination with the ILDP tea m , the concerned Institutions, and in partnership with the implementing partners and stakeholders of the ILDP;
• Support the timely mobilization of project team, service providers,
Consultants and equipment inputs for the ILDP phase II activities on capacity development of key sector offices/bureaus and will also support the development of Terms of References (ToRs) of all required consultants, service providers and staff;
• Provide technical expertise, coordinate, supervise, and assure the quality of the work of service providers to ensure planned deliverable are met in good quality and in a timely manner as per the ILDP project proposal;
• Support the ILDP Programme manager to coordinate day to day management of the project including smooth and timely project implementation as well as transparent and accountable management of financial resources for the initiative, as per AAU-HoA-REC&N rules and regulations;
(Detailed roles and responsibilities of the position can be viewed at our website www.hoarec.org)
- MSc Degree in environmental studies, natural resource management, land use planning, climate/ disaster risk management and any related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of environment/ land use planning, climate risk management interface involving the implementation of development projects and climate risk management activities at community level, at least 3 years of experience working in implementing projects on natural resource management, environmental conservation, forestry, community, capacity development etc.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience with an NGO or donor based projects.
- Good knowledge of computer applications, database management, moderate skill in GIS.
- Fluency in English at professional level is essential.
How to Apply
All applications are accepted only through the following e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send in your CV and other credentials in pdf format and please write the position that you are applying for on the subject.
For detailed and specific job descriptions for the position please write the position that you are applying for on the subject line.
For detailed and specific job description for the position please visit www.hoarec.org/opportunities/vacancy
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline : 04 December 2020