Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Norwegian Church Aid is a non-profit organization working in 30 countries worldwide to eradicate poverty. In Ethiopia, Norwegian Church Aid has been operating since 1974, engaged in short term emergency response and long-term development programs.
Our intervention in Ethiopia focuses on Climate Resilience, Reproductive Health, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, as well as Humanitarian Emergency Response. NCA/E operate in six regions: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Somali, Gambella, Southern Nations Nationalities and People’s State and at the Federal level.
To achieve our development goals, we work with faith based and non-faith-based actors which have demonstrated strong grassroots reach and influence in the society.
Norwegian Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance, a coalition of organizations working together in over 140 countries to create positive and sustainable change in people’s lives.
NCA/E would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the below position.
The Hygiene Promotion Officer is responsible to prevent major WASH related health risks in Nguenyyiel camp by promoting safe sanitation and hygiene practices, including the appropriate use and maintenance of sanitation and hygiene facilities and services. S/he ensures appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential sanitation and hygiene facilities.
The position requires a highly motivated individual with strong personal integrity and commitment to serve community in need. Evident exposure of INGOs in relation to the faith-based platform is a plus. The person to be employed need to accept the Code of Conduct of ACT Alliance.
- Carry out KAP end line survey in order to identify key hygiene practices to be addressed and carry out appropriate activities to promote safe hygiene practices.
- Plan and implement the hygiene promotion activities and assure that they progress according to the plan.
- Lead and coordinate NCA Nguenyyiel camp Hygiene promotion team which includes Hygiene Promotion Assistant and Health community Outreach Agents.
- Ensure that Hygiene materials provided are in enough quantity and recommended quality, monitor and follow up of stock at the camp-level, ensure proper distribution and use of hygiene materials.
- Mobilize disaster affected/refugee communities to participate in Hygiene promotion activities.
- Recruit, train and manage HCOA’s, in order for them carry out hygiene promotion activities according to the project logical framework, ensure that all hygiene promotion program activities carried out.
- Responsible for WASH NFI and cleaning Kit distribution planning, designing and implementing the distribution and post distribution monitoring system in consultation with senior WASH Program advisor.
Length of Contract: Up to December 2019 with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds
- BA in environmental health, public health, health education or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in similar role and preferably in INGOs engaged in humanitarian and development activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills to promote effective collaboration within, among refugees and across partner organizations
- Good written and oral communication skill in English language
- Knowledge of local languages is a plus
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit their non-returnable application with CV and other supportive documents to:
Norwegian Church Aid Ethiopia, P.O. Box 1248, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or
hand deliver to our office located at Wello Sefer, Ethio-China Friendship Avenue, in front of Tebaber Berta Residence.
- Enquiry by phone is not accepted.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted via telephone.
- Please indicate the job title you are applying for on the top of the envelope.
- NCA is an equal opportunity organization.
- Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Apr 9, 2019Deadline
Apr 9, 2019