Hygiene Promotion Assistant – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: SNNPR ,Ethiopia.
Hygiene Promotion Assistant
- Integrating with other team members, the Sanitation and HP assistant undertakes detail Hygiene and Sanitation need assessments.
- Assist HPO in Preparation of detail physical & financial implementation plan for emerging emergency responses.
- Assist in preparing of IEC Materials to be used at community level.
- Ensure the accurate convey of hygiene and sanitation messages. Prioritize community level hygiene awareness campaigns and prevention of Cholera.
- Coordinate training for community representatives on Hygiene, sanitation, and Cholera control. In collaboration with other emergency response team ,Plan and ensure the accurate distribution of Non Food Items.
- Works closely with Zone, Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective process of the response; Works in collaboration with IRC Cash transfer teams to ensure accurate integration of the interventions.
- Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor. Prepare brief emergency related monthly updates to the supervisor. Facilitate community participation during the emergency interventions.
- In coordination with woreda DRMC and other relevant sector offices HP Assistant, Ensure the implementation of project activities. Facilitate meeting for program staff with partners on identified gaps
- Conduct continuous monitoring and evaluation of project activities with relevant government partners.
- In collaboration with other HPO and Cash transfer team ensure high level of community participation in the project and regularly monitor terms of money with local labor market standard.
- Identify, compile and maintain training materials for uses.
- Provide information on technical problems and feedbacks to the technical team on time.
- Report activity progress and situation on monthly bases to the HPO/Senior ERRO of the respective woreda.
- Maintain strong working relationships with respective IRC staffs and partners like Community health workers, kebele leaders, schoolteachers by coordinating regular review meetings at kebele level at least once per month.
- Perform another task assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health, public Health and Social science field.
- 0 year experience for BSc Degree holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community settings.
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Aility to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Proven community mobilization skills, including different hygiene promotion approaches and method ( CLTSH and SLTS, PHAST, CHAST etc.. )
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 30, May , 2023.
- Total Jobs 67 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa
Email Me Jobs Like These