Action Aid Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
- Department: Program
- Reports to : Humanitarian Program Manager with functional reporting to Cluster Coordinator
- Type of Employment: 1-year contract with a possibility of extension
- Location: Raya and Rooving to humanitarian needs areas depending on the program.
Humanitarian Response Coordinator
Job Description and personal Specification
The successful Humanitarian Response Coordinator will ensure effective, coordinated and streamlined preparation and response to humanitarian emergencies and provides operations support. She/He also leads on embedding ActionAid’s humanitarian signature across our response and ensuring accountability to agreed humanitarian standards.
- Coordinates Humanitarian Projects in Raya/Tigray and other parts of the country where there is a need
- leads and coordinate humanitarian response and preparedness interventions and engagements;
- Prepares and implements humanitarian plan/concept note/proposal, budget and ensure timeliness of the implementation
- Supports and leads development areas/Clusters to ensure minimum standards on Humanitarian priorities planning and implementation
- Actively engages in developing Humanitarian related quality control framework and ensure such key aspects are integrated/embedded in agreements etc during program implementation
- Provides support to the LRP and HO relevant teams in coordination of AAE’s humanitarian preparedness and response together with related resilience programming
- Ensures safe humanitarian response programming and the Integration of AAE’s SHEA and safeguarding and security policy requirement in all the Humanitarian response programs on the ground.
- Supports HO humanitarian programme team, ensuring needs assessments are conducted and response plans are designed, implemented and monitored
- Actively engage in initiatives of other programme priorities and departments for development of programs, development areas, effective linkage/integration and enhanced organizational efficiency.
- Support government and other partnership related matters at local, regional and national level
- Documents and share best practices for learning
- Implements cost reduction strategies and value for money with all cost management of the unit
MSc in Agriculture, sociology and social administration, Rural Development and other related discipline. Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, Experience in developing, planning and managing humanitarian recovery and resilience building projects, Knowledge and experience in participatory methodologies, Experience and commitment to align & work with people living in poverty and particularly women and marginalized/excluded groups, working closely with IDPs, Community based structures and local actors, A good knowledge of HRBA programming and Feminist approaches, Excellent verbal and written skills in English, knowledge of local language is mandatory.
How to apply
The Interested applicants should submit their application letter along with recent CV to ActionAid Ethiopia
NB:Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
P.O. Box 1261 Addis Ababa
“ActionAid will be conducting safeguarding reference checks on the successful candidate”
Deadline፡ August 22, 2021