Human Rights Officer-Women’s Rights (2)
Ethiopia Human Rights Commission is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
- Category: Legal, Social Sciences and Community
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Required No.2
- REPORT TO: Coordinator, Women’s Rights
- DURATION: Open/Indefinite Contract
- SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 19,157.00 – 22,817.00 plus ETB 6,000.00- Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00- Transport allowance, depending on candidate’s qualification, experience and earning history
Human Rights Officer-Women’s Rights (2)
Purpose of the Job: To conduct the day-to-day monitoring activities related to Human Rights in the different sectors and at different levels, for the promotion and protection of women’s rights. In addition, the role will be responsible to assist in the development and implementation of advocacy and campaign programs and activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the undertaking of researches, studies and analyses to identify violations of human rights and legislative gaps with concrete recommendations in relation to women rights.
- Conduct regular monitoring on selected institutions to assess whether their policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with international and regional human rights standards relevant to women rights and produce reports with concrete remedial recommendations.
- Conduct awareness raising and campaigns on women rights to ensure adherence to national and international protection standards and guidelines.
- Support in advocating for women rights through dialogues, forums, conferences and other channels and mediums.
- Support in the development of human rights education on women rights.
- Support in the investigation of complaints on the violation of women rights.
- Collaborate with team members and contribute to and/or draft various human rights reports, communications, briefing notes, statement or other products in relation to women rights.
- Contribute to the development of annual plans for the thematic function in line with EHRC’s Strategic Plan and program priorities.
- Establish and maintain collaboration/partnership with relevant stakeholders, including government institutions, civil society organizations, media, UN agencies, private sector, development partners and other partners working on women rights.
- Support in monitoring and evaluation of projects on women rights against set objectives and indicators.
- Keep the Director informed with regular detailed and accurate reports on progress and hurdles of monitoring work.
- Perform additional assignments and delegations given by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA Degree in LLM, Human Rights Law, International Law, Gender Studies, or related fields.
- 4 years of relevant experience for BA and 2 years of relevant experience for MA.
- Knowledge of Amharic is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
NB:Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
How to apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
Please include the name of the position and location on the subject of the email.
Women candidates and candidates with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Deadline:21 February 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: