United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Contract Type: ICA
Contract level: LICA 10
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Human Resources Specialist
Based in the support services structure, reporting directly to the Head of Support Services and collaborating closely with IPAS HR, the HR Specialist ensures consistent application of appropriate policies, rules, guidelines, procedures and practices in service provision in a given geography.
HR Specialist supports the business unit in the management, implementation and oversight of HR service lines and initiatives to meet client needs, i.e. including recruitment, contract administration, interpretation and guidance, learning and personnel re-alignment exercises in consultation with HQ. Specifically, s/he is the primary HR focal point within a given geography.
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Human Resources Specialist directly affects the capacities and performance of the HR teams in their management, and implementation of Human Resources service lines and initiatives for the UNOPS Ethiopia Multi-Country Office (ETMCO). These affect client satisfaction as well as the readiness and capabilities of the human capital, to effectively develop and implement the programmes and projects of UNOPS. This promotes the credibility of the organization as an effective service provider in project services and management. Summary of Functions:
Support to policy development and implementation
- Advisory Services
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
Specific details:Support to Policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by providing data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the office/program/unit’s objectives and plans, and in consultation with Management, take the lead on the implementation of the corporate HR strategy and initiatives.
- Design and lead projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Partner with leadership to develop and implement workforce planning initiatives employing HR business processes mapping, to ensure efficient and effective services and work flows. Monitor workforce status and trends.
- Communicate HR policy changes and new HR initiatives to management and personnel, providing guidance as needed.
- Provide guidance on HR policy application for personnel management, assessing and anticipating HR needs to provide value-added consultative service to management on human resource-related issues.
- Define, develop, model and deliver HR services, programs, and communications to add value for prospective and current personnel, and UNOPS partners.
- Under the guidance of IPAS HR, advise, assist and mediate, as needed, on sensitive matters including grievances, potential violations in code of conduct, harassment, abuse, workplace disputes, performance improvement plans, complex employee relations matters, etc.
- Encourage line management responsibility for implementation of HR policies and effective team management, providing guidance and coaching as needed. Foster the relationship between supervisors and personnel, encouraging dialogue and two-way constructive feedback.
- In collaboration with management as appropriate, encourage continuous improvement and professional growth by advising on, planning, and tracking learning and development activities.
- Collaborate with leadership to support institutional gender and diversity initiatives, providing education and advice on issues related to equity, compliance, inclusion, and diversity.
Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Oversee the application and implementation of talent acquisition and management policies and processes covering Recruitment, Onboarding, Position Management, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Change Management, Job Classification, Salary and benefits administration, Contract Administration, Succession Planning and Out-processing.
- Under the guidance of IPAS HR, coordinate the efficient administration of contractual modalities, loans, exchanges, and secondments in the given geography, including oversight of engagement with relevant partners.
- In collaboration with IPAS HR, coordinate personnel realignment exercises, including job fairs, to ensure timely competency elaboration, sourcing, selection, placement of required talent and transitions as well as due process.
- Identify key talent areas and provide coherent, well-developed plans for obtaining, developing, and managing critical talent. Develop, utilize recruitment plans, tools and contribute to policy guidance to efficiently and effectively recruit and retain a diverse workforce to meet the needs of the business objectives.
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective recruitment, work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
- Lead, approve and conduct initiatives on capacity development and knowledge building for HR personnel, including network development, plans, learning plans and activities, HR practice information and best practice benchmarking. cvbl7l2 DmW32I
- Oversee team’s contributions to HR knowledge networks and communities of practice including collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management.
- Guide team’s collection of feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Guide the development and maintenance of HR analytic parameters and data.
Advanced University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social or behavioral sciences. Or a First University degree in related fields combined with 7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional-level human resources experience, including HR advisory services, in a major area(s) of human resources management (HR Contract Administration, HR Reporting, Recruitment or Organizational Design) in an international, public or corporate organization at the national and/or international level.
- Relevant experience in a multicultural setting is desirable.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office/Google Suite) as well as web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable.
- Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
UNOPS Ethiopia Multi-country Office (ETMCO)Established in 2009, UNOPS Ethiopia Office has been providing services to various partners, including the government of Ethiopia, UN agencies such as WHO, UNHCR and WFP, and other international organizations. Since 2014, the UNOPS Ethiopia Multi-country Office (ETMCO) runs and coordinates the UNOPS activities in Ethiopia, Sudan and Djibouti. The UNOPS ETMCO team is composed of more than 100 national and international women and men, and offers a broad range of services such as infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial and human resources management.
How To Apply
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Closing Date:Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: