Human Resources Assistant II Job at International Organzation for Migration – IOM
|Position Title||Human Resources Assistant II|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,|
|Classification||General Service Staff, G4|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission, guidance from Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Human Resources Assistant the HR Assistant I will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support in the management of human resources of the Mission. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff members, publishing of vacancy notices, short listing applicants, participate in recruitment interviews as required.
- Maintain the HR filing system and ensure all files are updated with the right documents and ensure safe custody of all the files. Undertake regular checks in all the staff personal files to ensure that the files are updated.
- Follow up with all Heads of Units on extension of consultant, daily and hourly contracts before its expiration and the monthly step increments for national staff.
- Make sure that required documents are obtained and EOD Medical examinations are conducted for new staff; follow up on drivers’ annual medical examinations and Periodic Medical Examinations (PME) for other staff members as required.
- Prepare contracts, personnel action forms, and employment / salary certificates for new and existing staff members.
- Maintain and updating attendance records;
Maintain the staff Clocking-in/out Machine
Register new staff to the fingerprint machine
Reconcile PRISM attendance records viz-a-viz monthly time sheets
- Make sure that all the required documents are submitted to UNJSPF colleagues for staff members whose contract type is converted into FT.
- Process medical payments approved by HCPU Manila and Panama relating to staff confinement or treatment in hospital. Also prepare payments for all HR related medical outpatient bills with supporting documentation,
- Processing payments of staff benefits and entitlements for national and international staffs
- Assist the Senior HR Asst. in the preparation of administrative reports that may be required by Resource Manager Officer in coordination with all the Sub-Office Heads and Programme Managers.
- Processing payments and supporting calculations for consultants, interpreters, daily and hourly contract holders and ensure that it reaches to Finance unit by the at the end of each month.
- Assist and coordinate all logistics related to any training that involves the HR department and ensure smooth running of the training,
- Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned.
- Degree in Human Resource Management/Business Management or Administration or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience:
- Four years of relevant work experience in human resource Management is required.
- Experience in NGOs & International organizations is an asset;
- High level of computer literacy is required, in particular, experience in computerized Human Resource Management software; good knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel;
- Good communication skills, drive for results, flexibility, efficiency, respect for diversity and
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Thorough knowledge of English & Amharic.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates
- clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.