Summary of Responsibilities
The Human Resources Administrator provides support in the areas of recruitment, orientation, onboarding, performance management, safety and security, HR trainings, and resource development. S/he provides regular support to DUP central and regional staff in all aspects of HR management.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Working with the Project Director and the Finance and Operations Director, oversees and manages the recruitment and administrative functions associated with staffing for DUP.
· Collaborates with Senior Management in the identification of strategic staffing needs, manages the development of position descriptions and circulates position announcements.
· Develop annual plans and budgets for matters related to Human Resources in coordination with the Finance, Administrative and Operations Director
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of government laws and regulations as they relate to labor, taxation, immigration and any other legal requirements and regulations that impact on the human resources function.
· Regularly review Local Ethiopia Hire Manual (LEHM) in accordance with JSI’s objectives and government laws/regulations. Make recommendations for modifications and amendments as required.
· Institute and apply all policies and procedures for staff in a manner which is fair, transparent and consistent.
· Oversee field staff compliance/ethics training and tracking and monitor Replicon timesheet compliance.
· Ensure that a professional, fair, and transparent hiring process is observed throughout.
· Manage orientation process of new staff by ensuring availability of up to date written orientation materials and organizing introductory meetings with relevant staff.
· Identify appropriate training opportunities to enable the staff broaden and develop their professional skills- both internal and external, formal and informal.
· Maintain personnel file for all staff and ensure that all are properly updated on a routine basis and kept secured and confidential.
· Liaise with the DUP Finance & Operations backstop team in JSI Washington DC office on issue related to human resources as needed.
· Ensure all staffs have up-to-date performance evaluations.
· Develop a leave plan with staff, and ensure that annual leave are timely used by staff and recorded accurately for each employee.
· Ensure that administrative policies, procedures, and manuals are disseminated and understood by all staff, providing on-going training for both support and program staff as related to policies and procedures.
· Liaise with Regional DUP staffs on all HR and administrative issues, and provide support and advice as needed.
· Liaise with HR Administrators of other JSI projects in Ethiopia to ensure consistency across all projects in line with JSI policies, donor policies, and local labor law.
· Work closely with the Project Director and project Managers to resolve any performance management issues, including performance improvement plans and/or terminations.
· Follow up and obtain clearance of terminating staff before the payment of any benefit is effected.
· Maintain confidential personnel record, computation of annual leave, and keep any other record related to each staff.
· Conduct exit interviews as necessary.
· Develop and recommend employee retention tools and strategies.
· Maintain integrity and confidentiality of all records and information entrusted to her/him at all times.
· Work closely with the finance team in updating insurance, payroll information, introduction and change in taxation.
· Contribute to donor reporting, as it relates to project human resources and staffing.
· Perform any other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management required.
· Advanced Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration preferred.
· Minimum of five years professional work experience in Human Resources management and human resources administration required.
· Must have strong writing and communication skills in both Amharic and English.
· Professional work experience in similar nongovernmental organization required.
How to Apply
· Qualified individuals interested in these positions can send their documents to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: ” Human Resources Administrator [Name of Applicant]”
· All application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other documents if any. Please provide us with three names with their contact addresses as references. Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your_full_name_position.pdf”
N.B Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered. No phone calls, please. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All positions are for Ethiopian nationals.
Application Deadline Feb 17, 2019