HR Intern – NGO Job in Ethiopia
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title: HR Intern
Eliminate Tuberculosis from Ethiopia (ETBE) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the goal of reducing TB incidence and mortality by improving the quality, access, utilization, and sustainability of TB services. This project builds on the work of previous USAID activities (Challenge TB, HEAL TB, TB Care, and others) that have been supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and STOP TB milestones. ETBE’s support focuses on improving access and utilization to quality and patient-centred comprehensive TB services.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit organization that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from Ministries to communities, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help and ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
We are looking for an HR Intern to perform various administrative tasks and support our HR department’s daily activities.
The HR Intern responsibilities include updating our employee records with new hire information, screening resumes and scheduling interviews. If you’re interested in kick starting your career in HR and getting a closer look of how our organization handles and approaches recruiting, selection, employee development, documentation of personnel we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will assist in organizing and coordinating our HR policies and procedures.
- Draft personnel letters for staff members and non-staffs as necessary.
- Update and document all personnel files as per the existing checklist for personnel file of MSH.
- Assist in personnel file and timesheet management.
- Receive, proofread and check personnel/administrative documents and take actions per requests.
- Assist in reference checking for positions under recruitment as assigned.
- Assist in downloading of profiles of applicants and participate in first-phase CV screening for open positions under recruitment as assigned
- Assist in tracking documents such as consultants and other non-staff payments.
- Assist in sending out regret letters and emails for unsuccessful candidates in relevant recruitments as necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of interviews and contacting selected candidates for the interview.
- Assist in the submission of pre-required documents and facilitate the processes of issuance/renewal of ID cards for MSH Staff Members;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Good spoken and written English
- Amharic and other MSH working languages
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of MSH.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA/MA degree (fresh graduate) in Human Resources Management/Business Management, Management, Administration or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training
- High level of computer literacy is required particularly good knowledge of MS Office
- Good communication skills, drive for results, flexibility, efficiency, respect for diversity
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds,
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only Ethiopian national candidates can apply for the position. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can apply for this position on the MSH website by Clicking Apply For This Job below
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English as per the instruction stated below before October 20, 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn’t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.