U.S Embassy Chief of Mission is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Job Title፡House Manager
- Full Time: Availability for evening and weekend work is required
- Salary:20,434.00 per month
- Employment Type:Fixed term contract until the employer permanently departs post or until one-month prior notice is provided by either the employer or the employee is dismissed for cause
- Probation Period:60 workdays
- Employer :The U.S Embassy Chief of mission; not the U.S Embassy .As a personal employee of the chief of mission the terms and conditions provided for the U.S Government employees don’t govern this employment
Basic Function of Position
The House Manager is responsible for the efficient running of the Chief of Mission residence through a well-planned and coordinated leadership ,guidance and teamwork. The incumbent conducts planning and executing events for guests ,scheduling and organizing household and maintenance work inside and outside the home ,inventory and supply management ,light hose keeping and repairs, assisting with food and beverage preparation/serving .and other duties as assigned. The House Manager will supervise 3 employees and report to the Office Management Specialist .
- Required Education: Completion of high school is required
- Required Experience :At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in managing a residence and supervising employees, Cooking ,Planning and Organizing events in any embassy or diplomatic mission and foreign nationals residences is required.
- Language Requirement :Excellent skills in speaking and listening English and Amharic are required (This may be tested)
- Skills and Abilities :Good Customer service, Ability to build team spirit and perform as a good member and leader of a group. Basic computer skills and high level of Communication and ability to work under stressful situation are required .Be adapted to a frequently changing schedule ,including evening and weekend work.
Note :A non-citizen of the host country applicant(Including a U.S Citizen a third country national) who is locally resident must have the required work/resident permit to be eligible for consideration.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
How to apply
The above information should reach the Human Resource Office American Embassy ,via P.O.Box 1014,Addis Ababa .Failure to submit the required documents will subject to disqualification .Late application will not be considered .
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered
- One page cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the job and also mention your current salary and benefit package .
- Curriculum Vitae –maximum 2 pages
- Copy of education and letters of work experience
- Copy of work /residence permit for non-citizen of the host country
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 33 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa