Helpdesk Administrator at International Livestock Research Institute – ILRI
The Position: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) ILRI seeks to recruit a Helpdesk Administrator to join the Engineering and Facilities unit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
General: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
The help desk administrator will ensure all jobs are entered into the computer assisted facility management system (CAFM). S/he will communicate with the customer by acknowledging all requests and communicating expected work and timeline. S/he will ensure all jobs are closed and the requestor is communicated about the job closure, and customer satisfaction is captured. S/he will ensure all planned preventive maintenance jobs are entered into CAFM and will prepare monthly reports. S/he will collect financial information on all jobs and will contribute reports/information for decision making.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure all cyclical planned preventive maintenance jobs are entered into the computer assisted facility management (CAFM) system (on a cyclical basis if required);
- Manages administrative aspects of CAFM including training for technicians and users as needed;
- Correspond with customers by email, through CAFM and by telephone to record their maintenance requests, communicate to them what work will be done when, when work will be completed, and to collect customer feedback once work is complete. Provide interim feedback to customer until work is complete;
- Enter all maintenance requests and emergency jobs into CAFM;
- Generate job cards and distribute to the relevant supervisor/technician/service provider for further action;
- Produce weekly/monthly Preventive Maintenance Schedules;
- Assists with planning including fixed asset replacement plan, documentation for condition surveys, budget preparation & expense monitoring support;
- Collect and collate statistics for management reporting and trend charts for service reports;
- Follow-up on expenditures by checking coding, costing, backing up and documenting all invoices;
- Ensure costing of all job cards and prepare monthly recharge invoices for the Finance department;
- Assist in sub-contractor performance measurement, documentation and payment processing;
- Sends communication updates to all staff on project status. Updates social media with project status;
- Produces reports, data for dashboard indicators, and information for decision making;
- Maintains files and documentation;
- Arrange printed hard copies of drawings in a drawing racks that suits the unit requirement by scanning, verifying and upload of documents into databases;
- Provides general office support including maintaining stationery and administrative support
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Business Administration, Management or other relevant field of study.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
- Consistent attention to detail, numerical accuracy with strong organizational and administrative skills and meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with AutoCAD and CAFM or other facility management software preferred.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Reliable team player and customer oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience plus technical training
- Experience in the field of engineering, construction or facility management
Duty Station: Addis Ababa.
Job level: 1C.
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 9,610 (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities.
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.