Plan International is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
- Place of Work : Addis Ababa
Head of Business Development Partnerships
Accountability and Main Work Activities
Strategic Leadership (%)
- Design & implement a sound resource mobilization strategy that includes diversified sources of funding and influence new donors towards our purpose and ambition.
- Target new growth areas for Plan in Ethiopia, including prime positions on consortium bids, non-traditional donors and corporate partnerships.
- Ensure integration of key cross-cutting issues such as advocacy and influencing, child protection, and gender, in the design of Expressions of Interests, Concept Notes and/or Proposals as well as embedding Plan International’s commitment to gender transformative programming.
- Coordinate the Grant Acquisition team in the development of quality proposals in line with agreed organizational procedures and in close coordination with Programme Director, Humanitarian Director, Project Managers, Programme Area Managers, ERM and other relevant departments and units within Plan National Offices.
- Produce and regularly update a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities (by sector and geography), researching where potential opportunities for grants funding can be found and packaging grant proposals to suit the requirements of different donors,
- Ensure relevant policies in particular gender equality, child & youth safeguarding are embedded in the programme design.
- Model our value-based leadership framework underpinned by our feminist leadership principles.
National Office and Donor Engagement (%)
- Lead on profiling and relationship management for the organization, in coordination with the Country Director, Programme and Humanitarian Directors.
- Build successful, proactive relationships which align donor’s priorities with program needs
- Work with appropriate corporates to align their sustainable strategies with Plan International Ethiopia to identify win-win positions.
- Act as Plan International Ethiopia’s representative on grant matters, representing the interests of Plan Ethiopia to National Organisations, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, and maintain strategic donor partnerships with bilateral, multilateral, corporate donors, and external networks in relation to funding.
- Liaise with and communicate with government bodies, donors, other Plan offices and local and international agencies stakeholders – as required and directed by the Country Director.
- Ensures the preparation of FADs and SPADs as per the Plan Grant and Fund Management procedures and grants documentation (Agreements, proposals, work plans, MoU, approved budget templates among others)
- Ensure the signed FADs/SPADs along with grant document are handed over to the Programme and Grant Compliance team for implementation.
- Manage grant modules in Plan corporate system to achieve required standards in SAP, ERP, YODA and other systems.
Compliance & Cost Recovery
- Work closely with Operation Director and Head of Finance to implement policies and processes that ensure appropriate cost recovery, in line with global and national policy.
- Ensure that all categories of costs are considered at the conceptualization and submission stage of grant preparation.
- Implement costs-drivers procedures and ensure consistency in project costing;
- Ensure projects are fully costed, and successful negotiation is done with donors.
- Oversees the coordination in the departmental budget, preparation, consolidation, analysis and timely submission.
- Capacity building and People Management (%)
- Provide overall vision and direction to the grants acquisition team through effective coordination, planning, prioritization, coaching and supervision.
- Support staff to understand and comply with the organizational vision, mission, strategic direction and organization policies.
- Socialize and nurture Plan Values and Behaviours.
- Create an enabling working environment to foster excellent teamwork and high performing staff.
- Oversee the delivery of effective capacity building support in key areas – proposal writing, grant/donor management, business development.
- Establish, communicate and monitor standards of performance and behaviours of the team through development of Individual Accountability Plans (IAP), and key performance indicators (KPI’s) that are agreed annually, and monitored and updated regularly.
- Support team members to gain the necessary skills through learning and development.
Other responsibilities (%)
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time
- Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that Business Development staff are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES – (LEADING LEADERS)
- Maximize our progress by aligning work priorities and resource deployment internally and with Plan International’s wider goals and longer term direction.
- Leads through influence rather than position, and role models our values, accelerating gender equality inside and outside Plan International and addressing resistance. Self- aware and keen to learn and seeks feedback and creates a safe environment for others to challenge self or raise concerns.
- Achieves desired outcomes and finds innovative solutions by using the expertise and creativity of others and adopting a coaching approach with the people.
- Willing and able to take complex decisions, weighing up the available information and assessing opportunities and risks.
- Delegating tasks and decisions, trusting and stretching others but ensuring they have the resources and support they need.
- Creating space for reflection and using external evidence and internal evaluation to identify what and how we need to improve and then to support others through change.
- Building positive relationships outside own work area, being willing to compromise own preferences to achieve our broader purpose and longer-term impact.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Articulates and drives the purpose, values, and global strategy to a range of audiences. Can explain how Plan International Ethiopia will deliver on its objectives through the theory of change and communicates the implications for their team.
- Leads on the purpose, lines of accountability and decision-making capacity for each structural element of the department. Help her/his team to understand where they sit within the organisational structure.
- Identifies risks and recommends mitigation measures after analysing the political, economic, social and cultural climate of the local operating environment and the implications for our work and are aware of the local business environment, including financial, employment, and business laws.
- Advanced knowledge of programmer according to Plan International’s financial management procedures, including: the grant agreement process, the cost recovery process, forecasting, cost allocation principles and apportioned costs.
- Oversees digital enablers to improve team performance and working practices. Encourages digital behaviors through role modelling, the personal development processes and capability building. Uses digital and technological tools to support the management of risk, activities and resources, and people and information.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- A Master’s Degree in, International Relations, Development, similar or relevant to the position.
- Ten- years of relevant experience in INGO Sector or demonstrated equivalent combination.
- At least 6 years’ experience in managing grants/resource mobilization in the country with in the INOG sector.
- Proven experiences and ability to coordinate and collaborate with different donors.
- Demonstrated experience bidding for, and winning, contracts with several of the following: the various branches of the EU, USAID, GAC, the UN, the World Bank, other major bilateral and multilateral donors
- Knowledge of developmental agendas in complex and protracted development and humanitarian landscape.
- Knowledge of Ethiopian geopolitical, countries laws, political, social and economic factors affecting development and humanitarian sectors.
- Experience in context, funding and market analysis.
- Exceptional conceptual, strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills with ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Comfortable with taking timely decisions in situations where information may be incomplete, based on consultation and the ability to convey sound judgement and assurance to team members and other key internal stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues through remote means and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret financial data, in order to provide management support to budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and authoritatively on area of expertise, and influence others to reach common goals.
- Demonstrated track record of proposal writing and budget management
- Experience in leading team, coaching and mentoring. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of donors’ compliance and grants management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. including exceptional presentation and communication skills
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Ability to influence without power.
- Knowledge of accounting/Financial Management and/or having financial background
- Understanding issues, principles and strategies and their root causes and working with Plan’s principles and a range of strategies and approaches to improve outcomes.
- Ability to identify, analyse and monitor diverse, relevant external actors to work with and understand the purpose and implications of working with them.
- A strong understanding of key institutional donor compliance rules and principles.
- Ability to provide leadership, communicate effectively and build high performing teams that work together to achieve goals.
Please note :This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
How to apply
Click here to apply http:// plan-international.org
Deadline: April 16, 2021.