Head of Administration – Embassy of Ireland
Embassy of Ireland is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Head of Administration
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
Head of Administration
- Day-to-day management of a diverse team with lead responsibilities including Human Resource Management, IT management system, staff learning and development, and Statutory Compliance;
- Robust management of the Ernbassy’s administrative and support activities relating to procurement, and budgeting. office, security and contract management, ensuring compliance with Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) policies and procedures;
- Participating in Strategic Planning review processes and contributing relevant information and analyses including advice on appropriate risk management and mitigation across the work of the Embassy
- Participating in cross-Embassy workplace teams including the Gender Core Team, Health & Safety Team and Green Team and ensuring the Embassy’s policies are properly implemented;
- Manage strategic relationships with external stakeholders including government ministries, departments and agencies and oversee efficient and effective internal communications;
- Overseeing the acquisition, management, and disposal of the Embassy’s physical properties including lease arrangements for relevant premises and ensuring compliance with appropriate procedures;
- Oversee the Embassy’s knowledge management and learning functions and practices and the maintenance of a repository of Information, statistics and trends;
- The Head of Administration may be required to carry out other functions subject to the business needs of the Embassy, including periodic out-of-hours and weekend duties.
- Degree in Human Resource Management , Business Administration ,Management or related fields.
- Candidates must have at least five years’ experience at a senior middle-management level with full responsibilities for corporate services and/or organizational operations;
- Candidates must show extensive experience in the planning and implementation of human resource management policies.
- Performance management systems, payroll and related, as well as the ability to analyze. interpret and explain the legal framework regulating employment in Ethiopia;
- The candidate must provide evidence of flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness showing strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks;
- The candidate should provide examples of being solution-oriented and committed to delivering results, including by adapting approaches if necessary;
- The candidate must demonstrate, using work-based examples, excellent interpersonal skills, being persuasive, working in a team but also dealing effectively with people in external organizations and demonstrating high standards of integrity and trust in a leadership role;
- Proven ability to collate and distill large amounts of information, summarising findings to be used for management decisions and planning;
- The candidate must possess an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- The candidate must have an excellent knowledge of budgets and procurement;
- The candidate must have effective supervision skills/knowledge of a range of skilled staff to ensure their effective utilization and performance;
- The candidate must be fully committed to teamwork and have the ability to work on one’s own initiative;
- The candidate must be fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills;
- All applicants must have a permanent legal right to reside and work in Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: ADDISABABAExternalEmail@dfa.ie or
P.O. Box: 9585
Deadline: 03, October , 2023.