HEA Director – World Vision Ethiopia
World Vision Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Advice the AP Supervisor on Financial and Administrative Issues.
- Provide strategic humanitarian, emergency & fragile context programming leadership to WV Ethiopia
- Position World Visions’ Disaster Management (DM) as a competent the best and preferred humanitarian agency among stakeholders.
- Commit to deliver on WV humanitarian goals in line with the Strategy “Our Promise”
- Support and advise the National Director and the Senior Leadership on Disaster Management policies, processes and tools as they relate to WV Ethiopia’s Category I, II & III emergencies.
- Provide continuous and timely early warning information to the leadership timely decision
- Lead the establishment and functioning of disaster preparedness strategy that is anchored in the NO strategy including disaster preparedness action plans and streamlining them in technical projects and annual AP plans, updating Disaster Management scorecard, ensuring effective functioning of an Integrated Disaster Management Team/Committee, including its capacity development.
- WV Ethiopia has a clear Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs (HEA) and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) strategy that aligns with Our Promise.
- Disaster Management Systems, procedures and standards fully deployed and operational
- A disaster management team established and functional.
- DDG process well documented for the ND decision and EARO decision
- Periodic policy and advisory briefs shared with the senior leadership.
- A high performing humanitarian team and portfolio developed and acknowledge by critical partners.
- Early warning systems are in place and functioning well to inform timely and appropriate decisions.
- Ensure WV has the knowledge, skills, resources, tools and capacity to maximize DRR, preparedness, response and recovery at a community level.
- Lead the implementation of the disaster management operations in line with National Office Strategy, regional DM priorities and global strategy, standards, and Our Promise
- Grow World Vision Ethiopia’s capacity to respond to Category 1, II & III emergencies.
- Ensure that national emergency response and disaster mitigation capacity, and a talent pool of on-site Category II and III project managers are available for immediate response.
- Collaborate with other departments and EARO to make timely recommendations regarding declaration and undeclaration of emergency responses.
- Provide management advice and technical support to DM staff and DM Committees (on site if necessary) in the design, documentation, approval, implementation, management, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of DM projects according to partnership and donor standards.
- Lead, if necessary on-site, Cat II and III emergency responses
- All emergency response operations adhering to established to DM standards.
- All eligible CAT IIIs/SHRs have functional PETs and uptodate running sheets for recommendations.
- Closely work and collaborate with Declared Global Response team defining HEA role in GC response (as the case of NECR)
- Response health check reports in place.
- A national disaster management team established with clear terms of reference (ToR) and is functional.
- Updated community disaster preparedness plans in place
- There is a consistently updated national contingency plan that reflects the operational context.
- An NEPRF portfolio that is commensurate with the size of the National Office and that is continuously reported on and replenished.
- Industry standards such as the ICRC / NGO Code of Conduct, SPHERE, CHS and WV DM standards are fully integrated in operations.
- Post graduate Degree in Development Studies, Grant Management, Project Management cycle, etc.
- 10 years post qualification experience in humanitarian emergency response and multi sectoral grant management.
- Ability to foster commitment and build capacity among activity staff and in-country actors to SBC integration and empowerment.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing inter-agency consortiums is preferred.
- Understanding of World Vision’s standards and commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement, including participation in regular devotions. Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Demonstrated good understanding of the humanitarian industry, including actors, principles, laws and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Understanding of management and integration in a cross-functional management matrix model.
- Strong skills in strategy development, prioritization and implementation.
- Understanding of and comfort with providing leadership in an increasingly globalized organization in an increasingly complex industry environment.
- Proven ability to manage large numbers of staff, efficiently and effectively, whether in a live or virtual environment. Ability to network and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Excellent ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Computer literate (Operate Microsoft word and excel, outlook, teams etc.)
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 20, October , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: