TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Danish Refugee Council is a non-governmental humanitarian organization working in more than 30 countries in the world in a wide range of interventions designed to protect and support displaced populations – refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs), and people in mixed migration flows. In Ethiopia DRC has been active since 2009 working in the Gambella, Somali and Tigray regional states and currently in the Oromia regional state.
DRC aims to establish strong partnership with its donors by meeting their specific visibility and communication requirements through better designs and quality products. Also to contribute to DRC’s effort to have better quality designs for all its visibility and communication materials.
The graphic designer is expected to deliver quality designs for various DRC assignments completed in line with DRC’s and donors branding requirements and within specified deadlines.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement DRCS’s and donors branding policy
- Ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with DRC’s and donors requirements/polices
- Implement the graphic guidelines in all DRC’s communication products;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and Design and layout of reports and other products
- Design of reports and other communication materials for printing and electronic distribution;
- Improve and edit art work, photos, charts and other graphic elements;
- Layout and design information and communication materials (t-shirts, banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Create different illustrative materials such as animation, presentations and design of CD/DVD packaging
- Custom photo editing
Detailed specifications for each individual assignment will be given to the selected designer and
when the designer’s service is requested.
Qualification and Experience
The successful entity is required to meet the following criteria:
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software’s
- Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of different INGO’s.
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes and colour management;
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Knowledge of standard software packages
- Working experience in development or humanitarian environment is desirable
This application is open for individuals. Individuals should provide the following:
- Letter of application;
- References list
- Copy of catalogue or samples of the design work, if available
The contract will be effective from date of signing and in case of successful performance will be extended to end of the following year.
Terms and conditions of payment
Design services will be delivered on a call basis or whenever the need arises and paid in local currency upon successful completion of the assignment (as certified by the requesting section). The actual costs of services will be paid by the section requesting these services.