Grant Finance Officer – World Vision Ethiopia
World Vision Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Grant Finance Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Grant Finance Officer
- Process Grant Financial transaction/ in compliance with world vision’s finance manual, internal policies, terms, conditions and regulations of the grant.
- Process partners, sub recipients, and associated payment requests and submit to disbursement unit Engage in preparation of monthly LDR for grant projects and process reversal entries as needed
- Facilitate and process all type of employee advance requests for grant program staffs and follow up for the settlement of all local travel and business advances within due date
- Process employee out pocket reimbursement request as per the organization policy and standard Process reversal journal entries for correction, reclassification or allocation for grant costs and submit for review and approval
- Review sub-grant financial reports/documents, prepare sub grant analysis & process the required journal entries and follow up of sub grant advance settlement.
- Prepare/review cash flow of the grant projects, and submit to Grant Finance Manager for final review and posting to sun system Assist grant program staffs in all financial matters,
- Review their coding, reimbursement requests, process journals as needed.
- Prepare IRA reversal journal and hold to sun system and maintain adequate supporting documents
- Prepare/review adjusting entries, corrections, amendment entries for grant project, hold journals in sun system in real time bases and maintain adequate supporting documents for all grant related journals.
- Review PR on provision on time and with appropriate standard coding.
- Prepare Fixed Asset Register for the Grant Projects and ensure asset register is in accordance with grant terms and conditions Maintain adequate staff tracking report for grant projects and ensure all personnel related costs charged to the project they worked for
- Ensure monthly/quarterly or bi annual grant financial reports are filled and ready for external/internal audit reviews Participate in WVE internal, local external and Global Center (GC), A-133 audits preparation and process
- Track and monitor reimbursable VAT and ensure timely recovery of VAT refunds from respective Government authorities or agencies.
- Monitor grant project spending and follow abnormal balances/records, un allowable costs, and report to concerned managers and project budget holders for direction
- Ensure adequate severance, end of service payments are accrued for grant staff and pass necessary accruals to reinstate the required balances
- Ensure the application of General Accepted Accounting Principles and WVI financial management protocols in preparing journal, reports and operation of grant accounting.
- Maintain the highest standard of grant management protocols as stipulated in grant agreement, WV grant management standards and other applicable guidelines.
- Cover for other Grant Finance officers, Disbursement officer and others responsibility when needed.
- Provide assistance, as needed, to the Grant finance manager or Grant Finance Associate Director
- Provide reliable financial reports to the project with various analysis including pipeline activities regularly.
- Ensure the financial and accounting integrity of World Vision Ethiopia.
- Recognize the importance of practicing organization core values
- Punctuality on working hours and effective use of working hour for organizational business
- Provide objectively verifiable reports to management and stakeholders
- Give priority to customer satisfaction
- Escalate abnormal, fraudulent acts to management without hesitation.
- Ensure confidentially for organization financial information and encounters
- Manage overall project financial and activity implementation to ensure prepare and submit high-quality regular progress reports for WV and the donor
- Ensure there is Regular call for the FFR review and minute recording on monthly base.
- Accounting or related fields.
- 6 years and above for BA and 4 years and above for MA and have the following proven experiences in business management financial analysis.
- Experience in finance related background in INGOs and for-profit business.
- Experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements
- Proven capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and government/donor regulations and requirements.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 31, March , 2023.