Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
GIS Officer (Geographic Information System – GIS)
- Duty station : Addis Ababa
- Term of Employment : on contract basis with possible extension
- Salary : As Per Company Scale
- Required number: 1
- Reports to : The ILDP Programme Coordinator
The GIS Officer is responsible to
provide accurate and efficient maintenance of corporate Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and datasets, including acquisition, verification, maintenance, management and documentation. The Officer will also provide effective and efficient spatial data analysis, including presentation and dissemination of spatial data. S/he will provide leadership and support in new or existing GIS-base d project developments relating to spatial data and contribute to ICT projects
Within the Information services team.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
The Position of Geographical Information System (GIS) officer encompasses the following major functions or key result areas:
• GIS Data Maintenance, Management and Accountability;
• GIS Analysis, User Support, Training, Map Production;
• GIS System Development and Integration; and
• Contribute to the effective operation and maintenance of the HOA-REC&N –ICT infrastructure.
- M.Sc. Degree in GIS
A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with proven experience and understanding of GIS software and hardware administration, development and maintenance methods including web-based and mobile technologies as well as:
- The use of Various GIS and lntramaps;
- Understanding of fundamental GIS concepts and how they relate to an organization across all
- platforms and business units in order to deliver Geospatial related inform a tion ;
- Practical knowledge of relational databases within an MS SQL environment;
- Scripting and automation using SQL or similar to ols; and
- Advanced level of computer literacy, particularly with the MS Office Suite, including Access.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience with an NGO or donor based projects
- Efficient planning and organization ;
- Problem solving skills w it h attention to detail; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build on working relationships effectively.
How to Apply
All applications are accepted only through the following e- mail: email@example.com
Send in your CV and other credentials in pdf format and please write the position that you are applying for on the subject.
For detailed and specific job descriptions for the position please write the position that you are applying for on the subject line.
For detailed and specific job description for the position please visit www.hoarec.org/opportunities/vacancy
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline : 04 December 2020