General Manager – Abay Bank
Abay Bank is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa , Ethiopia.
- Develop the annual activity plans and set targets for the association, which will ensure EIFFPA to be the leading promoter of interest-free Finance in Ethiopia
- Develops the partnership and membership strategies, processes and systems to meet the needs of the affluent stakeholders with the most economic deployment of human and financial resources.
- Participates in the formulation of EIFFPA strategy, operating plans, policies, procedure and in key organizational decisions.
- Develops and ensure that the EIFFPA operation supports the successful achievement of the association strategic objectives as part of management team.
- Keeps abreast of local and global best practices in Islamic Finance and make recommendations to the Executive Committee on how this impacts the association and its objectives.
- Demonstrates ownership and communicate the association strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
- Participates in monitoring organization wide performance to ensure objectives and targets are achieved.
- Identify the Industry training demand and develop annual training schedule and establish relevant training schedules.
- Prepare and deliver various requests/proposals to different individuals or institutions as needed.
- Recruit, Organize, Coordinate and deliver as per the schedule.
- Regularly update his/her knowledge regarding the industry and deliver some of the training.
- Establish partnership with relevant stakeholders to satisfy the training needs of Interest Free Finance Industry.
- Identify the training gap and need of the association members and organize relevant trainings to maintain their continuous professional development (CPD) goals.
- Participates on the development and implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures to achieve the association strategic objectives.
- Assume direct responsibility for process improvement to deliver efficient and timely service to its stakeholder.
- Establishes and maintain proper expense controls in order to stay within budget and explain any significant variances.
- Originates, maintains and develops relationships in the Islamic Financing Arena
- Collaborates with local and international partners to provide comprehensive solutions to stakeholders needs.
- Participates in community organisations and activities to enhance the association image/brand and develop additional referral sources.
- Oversees the establishment of partnership opportunities with alliance partner’s and members those working on Islamic finance and related to it.
- Leads the planning, managing and execution of the association events.
- Monitor, on an on-going basis, information concerning the Islamic Finance and staff performance.
- Develops Membership and partnership Value Proposition for the success of the association.
- Deepens the current Industry wide Islamic Finance relationships and delivers cross-selling income generating services.
- Develops a network of members and undertake proactive communication activities to attract new members.
- Identifies, develops, deploys and retains talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
- Ensures collaboration amongst the staff with other relevant stakeholders for the purpose of cultivating collective responsibility to achieve the association objectives.
- MA or BA degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, or related fields.
- For MA degree 8 years of relevant experience of which 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- For BA degree 10 years of relevant experience of which 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of Sharia, specifically Islamic Finance Principles.
- Experience in Interest Free Finance (Banking, Takaful or MFI)
- Exposure in technology usage and in handling digital or automated processes.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Address: Around Bambis in front of NOC Gas station Head Office Zequala Complex and Dire Dawa District Office.
Deadline: 24, November , 2023.