Gender Officer – World Vision Ethiopia
World Vision Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Nedjo, Ethiopia.
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of minimum standards on gender mainstreaming in Peace building in WV program
- Support in implementing gender components of projects/program.
- Lead and conduct gender analyses, technical studies, and assessments on gender in relation to Peace building.
- Ensure that program activities are carried out with cultural sensitivity while promoting gender equality and inclusion of marginalized groups
- Works with GESI teams to ensure access and participation of women, men, girls, and boys in WV Peace building.
- Monitor, analyses and evaluate project results to ensure achievement of objectives and take corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure application of standards, guidelines and good practices for children and women protection in emergency related activities.
- BA degree in Gender studies ,social work, sociology , Psychology and relevant field of social sciences.
- Extensive training in the fields of Gender , Peace building ,psycho-social wellbeing, case management and application of international technical guidelines and standards in Child Protection and GBV.
- A minimum of three years experience in Gender analysis especially in the context of peace building, Gender-based violence and related areas and other cross cutting like safeguarding , program/project development and management in emergency context is required.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Gender in Peacebuilding training trainings to a variety of stakeholders.
- Direct GBV case management and experience working with children, women and adolescents is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience on Peace building ,Gender Based Violence programming including prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) is an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 15, April , 2023.