Gender and Youth Integration Officer – Action Aid Ethiopia
Action Aid Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Gender and Youth Integration Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Gender and Youth Integration Officer
- Facilitate an enabling environment for Gender Equitable and Healthy Behaviours including:
- Design local innovative approaches to address long-standing harmful practices, and gender stereotypes that hinder healthy behaviors such as child, early and forced marriage and FGM;
- Support Improved capacities in the field office to ensure gender equality through gender transformation interventions, drawing upon a range of Consortium partners as necessary to carry out activities.
- Provide technical contributions in the assigned project implementation areas social and behaviour change (SBC) strategies and capacity-strengthening activities with the government, and local implementing partners related to gender and social inclusion, SGBV, human rights, accountability, and good governance (with a focus on equitable and quality health services)
- Disseminate learning and ensure all staff at the field office.
- level are updated on gender equity, youth inclusion, and healthy behavior.
- Implement ActionAid best practices and approaches related to the above areas to:
- Implement project activities based on the project’s SBC strategies.
- Assist in the development of advocacy and engagement materials, media, and other tools.
- Incorporate gender-responsive health and other services.
- Support in the development of the project’s gender and social inclusion strategy and related assessments that include understanding gender dynamics in emergency settings or during health shocks.
- Provides ongoing backstopping and technical support to staff.
- Perform other related activities
- Support in the development of processes, monitoring tools, and delivery of the project on gender equity and healthy behavior to support high program quality.
- Lead in the development/adoption and implementation of checklists for each activity to ensure inclusion of Gender and Youth
- In collaboration with other relevant staff ensures integration of Women’s Rights interventions across the project priority areas.
- Assist in facilitating regional and local level partnership processes with relevant institutions.
- B.A. Degree in Social Science, Gender Studies, Family Science, Rural and Urban Development Studies, or other related disciplines with health-related background.
- 3-5 years of work experience in gender or social and behavioral change,
- At least 2 years of proven experience in gender analysis/Audit, training, and mainstreaming.
- Experience in developing and application of gender analysis tools.
- Experience and commitment to align & work with people living in poverty and particularly women and marginalized/excluded groups.
- Good understanding of the context of women, girls, and youth issues under Ethiopia’s social, political, economic, and cultural context
- A good knowledge of HRBA programming and Feminist approaches.
- Gender-related work in an NGO setting.
- Previous experience with Social Behavioral and health-related programs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit their CVs, copies of relevant documents and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18, February, 2024.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: