Finance Officer – UNDP
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is looking for qualified applicants for following open position .
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Facilitate the review and revision process of project proposals in consultation with sector leads and other technical partners and advise organizations on recommended revisions, assisting them in revision drafting if required.
- Support the Finance Officer in the review of grant agreements and supporting documents to ensure accuracy, consistency, reasonableness and compliance with the United Nations Financial Regulations and Rules (UNFRR) and the Country-Based Pooled Funds (CBPF) Guidelines.
- Review project budgets to determine “normal costs and variations” in project expenditure areas to be determined.
- Review of budget amendments, reprogramming, or No-Cost Extension requests.
- Conduct market cost survey for items commonly purchased under CBPF projects and maintain a database to support cost effectiveness analysis of proposals to CBPF.
- Reconcile advisory reports from HQ with CBPF records on project performance status and financial statements.
- Communicate concerns about proposals, project documents, or implementing partners to the relevant HFU Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of financial analyses for the CBPF Annual Reports and other progress or ad-hoc reports.
- Support the Finance Officer/Pooled Fund Manager in drafting budgets for services to be contracted to outside entities.
- Verify Implementing Partners (IP) financial documentation as required.
- Conduct partner sensitization on CBPF procedures and guidelines for accessing grants, as well as regarding compliance with the United Nations Financial Regulations and Rules (UNFRR) and the Guidelines for Country-Based Pooled Funds (CBPF) through participation in meetings and workshops.
- Support preparation of paperwork related to Humanitarian Coordinator project approval and disbursement actions (Fund Transfer Requests, agreements, MoU, etc.).
- Support preparation of and execution of transfer agreements to be signed by NGO and HC,
• following up on requests to the HFU to arrange for fund transfers to partners and notify payees of status of payments.
- Assist HFU staff and CBPF stakeholders regarding queries on payment and deposit related issues.
- Track, collect and review financial reports from CBPF partners to ensure accuracy and compliance with CBPF guidelines and provides feedback to partner as necessary.
- Assist in tracking project spending and ensure that future payments are approved based on satisfactory financial reporting and justification of previous advances.
- Support the preparation and take part in periodic financial spot-check visits to partner offices, in line with operational modalities and guidelines.
- Participate in drafting financial spot-check monitoring reports and recommendations to partners following visits to partners.
- Liaise with companies carrying out financial audit of partners and financial spot-checks ensuring compliance with the United Nations Financial Regulations and Rules (UNFRR).
- Supporting the process of recovery of funds if necessary.
- Maintain complete, accurate and updated detailed list of disbursements to IP.
- Support Fund analysis for informing future allocations.
- Support the Fund Manager in liaising with companies carrying out contractual services on behalf of the HFU and provide support and information as and when required.
- Keeps up to date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to program budgets and the CBPF in general.
- Prepare documentation and reports for country-level coordination forums.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s in the areas of Accounting, Project Management, Business Administration, or any related field is required.
- Zero years of experience with Advanced Degree and a minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience with a bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant professional experience in analytical and writing skills, and experience with project budgeting and proposal writing are required.
- Experience in financial auditing is required.
- Experience in the UN Common System or comparable international organization is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: email@example.com Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 05, November , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: