Icon Management and Finance Solutions PLC is looking for qualified applicants for Finance Manager job opening
Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Negotiable with attractive benefit packages
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the overall financial activities of the Company, including cost accounting, financial accounting and cash management;
- Plans and organizes general accounting, budgeting and expenditure control systems; ensures that corporate funds are utilized properly in accordance with company policies, procedures and approved work programs;
- Seeks and analyzes business investment opportunities to make optimum use of funds;
- Ensures the establishment of proper financial accounting and management systems that can provide accurate, timely and complete picture of financial transactions, that can identify sources and application of funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Ensures that policies and procedures governing finance and accounting activities are strictly adhered to;
- Directs, monitors and controls the orderly clearance of payables and receivables; ensures that all tax returns are paid within the time limit set by Government tax regulations; secures approval for the write off of unclaimed liability and bad debts;
- Coordinates the operation of corporate and branch accounts; supervises and controls the maintenance of proper books of accounts, taxation and inventory;
- Ensures that capital & operating budgets are supported by schedules and planned activities, follows up that the approved budgets are dispatched to departments and other budget centers;
- Prepares periodic reports at monthly base on performance by comparing and analyzing actual performance with allocated budgets and cost standards as well as financial ration;
- Authorizes payment and signs vouchers, transactions, correspondence and other documents in accordance with corporate procedures and delegated authority;
- Monitors those collections are made per policy of the company; directs the preparation of comparative collection status reports and analysis of collection programs; investigates and develops improvement of collection structures and collection methods;
- Ensures that proforma financial statements such as balance sheet , income statement and cash flow statements are prepared on time;
- Ensures that ageing of accounts are prepared to determines the liquidity of receivables;
- In conjunction with concerned departments and units, develops proposals to dispose of by auction equipment and materials with no book value or which are obsolete and unusable;
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualification, Education and Experience:
- BA/MBA in Accounting or finance
- At least 8/6 Years experiences in import and manufacturing/assembly industry and out of which at least 4 years managerial experience