International Rescue Committee – IRC is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title:Finance Manager, Gambella, Ethiopia
- Sector: Finance
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Gambella, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihood of the disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions, and emergency response.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department
- Prepare and submit monthly finance report to concerned body throughout the fiscal year
- Compliance and internal control
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are in compliance with IRC and funding source policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Manages the finance department activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by the country program.
- Identify requirements for and develop reporting formats to aid in the management of country operations and grant expenditures.
- Hold BVA meeting on a monthly base and identify areas which needs attention of field management and program staff.
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis and those final reconciliations and trial balances are reviewed with the Field Coordinator.
- Closely monitors all financial activities, and keeps the Field Coordinator advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
- Actively participate in the preparation of donor financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements for all Gambella Field Office grants.
- Provided the necessary information for external, internal, donor or government audits as needed.
- In compliance with IRC Financial Policies establish, implement and monitor financial systems and operational manuals to effectively support the field office operation in all the refugee camps
- Oversees the protection of the Field Office assets (cash, inventory, etc) through the enforcement of internal control policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
- Assists with the preparation and revision of program and grant proposals and budgets.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of the Field Office Operating Budget; including preparation of budget guidelines to assist program Managers, managers and Officers in formulating budgets.
- Presents and facilitates the review of actual to budget expenditures with the Field coordinator and program managers.
- Supervises all Field office bank relations and bank account activities.
- Ensure that IRC financial policies regarding cash holding limits, cash movements and foreign currency holdings are known and respected in the field office.
- Oversees the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliation’s.
- Designs, implements, and monitors systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain on current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending, including commitments entered into and which obligate IRC to future spending.
- Supervises the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests to Country office and ensures that appropriate balances are maintained to facilitate grant implementation.
- Supervises the collection of contractual and other receivables.
- Directly manages team of Finance in the field office which comprises Finance Officer and Assistants.
- Proactively identify staff needs based on regular job evaluation and expansion of operation and consult with the HR/Admin and field coordinator.
- Develops and implements a training program with appropriate staff development plan for the Field Office finance staff to ensure staff development and minimize IRC’s exposure when staff are absent or depart.
- Prepare appropriate new staff orientation manual and delivery the orientation for the new staffs on financial policy and procedures.
- Maintains current job descriptions for all positions within the finance group and ensure measurable KPO is set and timely performance evaluation is done.
- In coordination with supervisor, carry out appraisals for staff in the department. dBXCC4Y DmW5Bo
- Ensures comprehensive and constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with all country finance staff.
- Organize and facilitate training and technical support to Field Office program, logistics and administrative staff for skills improvement in the areas of accounting, reporting and internal control.
- Ensure appropriate IRC grievance handling mechanism is known and respected with in finance team in the field.
- Ensure proper staff coordination, motivation and disciplinary measures are taken with finance team as deemed necessary and advise the field coordinator on the appropriate measures to be taken.
- Review payment requests and PRs as per organizational requirement regularly
- Review all PR, Payment request, payroll, overtime etc in compliance with IRC internal policy and procedure and donor rule and regulation.
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up.
- Review and ensure all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness and make ready for sun uploading (bank, petty cash, cash in office, USD, adjustment payroll JV)
- Review payroll and overtime monthly.
- Review bank reconciliation monthly & follow up and take timely action on outstanding checks.
- Ensure that cash projection report is submitted on time also make sure that the field office have realistic cash projection and prepare cash projection versus actual report and advise to your supervisor for any big variance.
- Make sure that VAT report prepared on monthly basis
- Make sure that monthly financial report submitted on time
- Make sure that monthly actual expenditure report submitted on time to AA and make sure that the report is error free
- Make sure the timely settlement of all advances and liabilities of the office
- Make sure that all taxes are liquidated on monthly basis
- Participate on cycle count and year end inventory counting and report any discrepancies to your supervisor
- Conduct regular time sheets audit for the field office to ensure consistent adherence
Report to your supervisor any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and camps on policy and procedures.
- Give orientation to newly hired staff and conduct regular finance related training to non finance staff
- Supervise and give on job training for finance staff & Provide feedback consistently .
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country
- Other duties assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
Key Working Relationship
Field coordinator, Supply chain & program personnel, Finance Officer, Finance Assistant, AA Technical unit
- BA Degree in accounting or MBA from Recognized University
- A minimum of Six years of relevant experience
- Ability to communicate well English
- Operating MS office applications and other software.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants to apply please follow this link:https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1648044904132
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: