Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
1. Finance Manager
The Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial advice and support to the Finance Director and colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions. From among other, the Manager is responsible to ensure that financial practices are in line with all statutory legislation and regulations.
- Confirm timely submission of project financial documents to the head office to ensure data completeness.
- Systematically review monthly project financial documents in line with the organization policy and procedures and in compliance with the grant agreement
- Prepare draft donor report and submit them to the Finance Director as required by individual grant agreements
- Maintain internal as well as external communication as appropriate including with SOS Sahel UK, partners, program managers and project managers, etc.
- Prepare monthly budget frocking report timely and submit to the Project Management team (Program Manager. Project Manager, Project Finance) and Finance Director for their review and feedback
- In consultation with the Finance Director prepare draft accounts for external audit purposes and liaise with them as necessary and also review the report
MA/MSc or BA or BSc in relevant fields of studies with 5 to 7 years of practical experience respectively in the NGOs: IT skills, financial software skill/s.
- Enter data in to the computerized accounting system (QuickBooks software and Access database system) used by the finance department.
- Follow timely settlement of income tax, withholding tax, provident fund and pension fund by the Cashier.
- Collect the monthly project financial documents within the deadline from the project accountants, check for missing documents (payment vouchers or attachments) and put them in order in to a box file and label the project name and month for ease of reference.
How To Apply:
SOS Sahel Ethiopia, P.O.Box 3262 Addis Ababa, or e-mail email@example.com or submit in person to the organization Head Office at Addis Ababa.
NB: Women candidates are encouraged to apply