Finance Assistant – Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa , Ethiopia.
- At all times, ensure that adequate fund is available for operations. Ensure that the Mercy Corp’s petty cash replenishment system is followed up consistently and ask for replenishment based on the minimum reorder level set for the office.
- At all time, ensure that there is adequate cheque leaf and other payment processing pads are available in the office and put a reorder level system before the cheque leaf or other payment processing documents run out completely.
- Organize with the Support Service team in the office and ensure that the room where the safe box is located is adequately protected and secured enough
- Ensure that the currency notes we are receiving from any legitimate source which includes staff travel or operational advance return are not fake currency notes. On the event this happens, alert the Field Finance officer immediately.
- Ensure that staff are counting the cash they collect over the counter and no further complains are made for the count made outside the Finance Assistant (cashier office) office.
- Ensure that on all payments made we are withholding the relevant government withholding tax for the payments where this is applicable by law
- Ensure that all Mercy Corps policies and procedures are adhered in terms of cash hours, weekly cash count and monthly cash count procedures
- Ensure that all the cash transactions are entered to the Navigator system on a daily basis and ensure the cash balance based on the system information is matching with the physical cash count in the safe box
- Print the GL register from Navigator and ensure it is filed with the original vouchers
- Liaise with the logistics team (Support Service officer) that any missing or insufficient supporting documents are immediately delivered and in the event that this is not delivered, hold the final release of cheque and discuss with the Field Finance officer for further action.
- Perform the routine cash payment based on the complete and authorized documents
- Perform the routine cheque payment based on the complete and authorized documents
- Ensure the safety and security of cash handling as well as cheque handling between the move from/to office and bank.
- Based on Mercy Corps internal procedures, ensure the limits set on the mode of cash or cheque payment is by no means overridden.
- Ensure that all completed documents and presented for cheque preparation or cash payment are done immediately or within a maximum of five working hours.
- Ensure that clients or staff members who are expecting to collect the cheque or cash payment are not lining up unnecessarily and they receive adequate and timely service. Inform the clients or external parties who expect the cheque payment that the payment is ready for collection.
- Depending on the need, maintain log sheet which will reveal the processing time and the actual time the payment is done
- On exceptional circumstances and on the possible delay of payment process, provide ahead feedback to the staff members (mainly Support team) as well as external parties on the possibility of delay in payment and inform the possible rescheduled time to deliver the cheque.
- Provide professional and polite responses to all external parties as well as staff members for any queries that they may raise in connection to the expectation of payments
- Generally, be courteous for all external parties or staff members who may require the support on the payment service.
- Diploma/First Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline.
- Compensating Education + Experience can be considered.
- Three years and more progressive experience in the non-profit organization and mainly experience gained in the INGO is required.
- Experience working with WFP and USAID/DFID grants at least for two years.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly in Excel.
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Must be confident, self-starter, an independent thinker and have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skill; team oriented
- Good computer skills (especially Microsoft Excel, Work, and Outlook)
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required; demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse group of people
- High professional standard of administration ethics as well as willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral are required.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and appropriate flexibility.
- Emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrated experience in managing Matrix Reporting
- Willing to travel to Mercy Corps field offices and project sites , when required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 15, December , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: