Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
EOTC-CFAO’s vision is to see poverty free, economically, socially, morally and spiritually empowered societies in which children shall be the prospect of the community. Among other things its organizational aim includes but not limited to strengthening the capacities of families and communities to care for and protect children; ensuring holistic livelihood of children whose lives are impoverished, uneducated, malnourished and vulnerable coming from poor and marginalized section of society, through strengthened and improved institutional efficiency thereby guaranteeing improved impact and sustainability of the program.
EOTC-CFAOs five main current programs are residential service to children at Child Care Centers (CCCs), child family reunification, child and youth integration, family empowerment, community based child support programs and other cross cutting issues. EOTC-CFAO invites potential professionals for the vacancy: Finance and Budget Department Head.
Job Title: Finance and Budget Department Head
Employment Type: One year with possible extension
Location: Addis Ababa with frequent visit to the field
Sex: Female or Male
Detail tasks/Key activities.
As Finance and Budget Department Head, the incumbent is expected to:
- Manage the financial resources of the organization in accordance with rules and regulations stipulated in Financial Policy and Procedures Manual.
- In collaboration with departments, services, Child Care Centers (CCCs) and Project Coordination Offices (PCOs), plays a key role in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Monitor the utilization of budgets and its consistence with plans at Head Office (HO) as well as CCCs and PCOs; and exercises budgetary control and compliance; provides periodic utilization of budgets
- Ensure the financial resources required for running and implementing the HO, CCCs and PCOs, and the various programme components are timely provided.
- Handle transfer of funds to PCOs and CCCs; and ensures that area office deliver the required reports to the HO as scheduled.
- Prepare consolidated budget utilization reports required by donors, ensure their standards and timely submission.
- Ensure proper record keeping of transactions of the organization, they are regular updated; prepares interim and annual financial reports that fulfill the requirements of statutory reporting as well as donors.
- Develop systems that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the management of budget from preparation to utilization and from reporting to consolidation.
- Provide the necessary technical and professional support to CCCs and PCOs in financial management, accounting, and recording and reporting.
- Develop detailed and area relevant guidelines and directives addressing financial management, record keeping, reporting and property administration; organizes on-the-job training programmes to enhance the capacity of CCCs and PCOs.
- Invite external auditors appointed by the General Assembly to conduct auditing; organizes exit conferences; and acts up on the findings and recommendations.
- Conduct regular visits to CCCs and PCOs to monitor utilization of financial resources, and compliance with procedures.
- Provide guidance and follow-up for personnel staff entrusted with financial management, accounting and reporting.
- Devise mechanisms for capacity building of personnel staff assigned at the Service and initiates training and staff development programmes in close collaboration with HRD and Admin Services.
- Periodically review the existing system of accounting; initiates plans of action for computerizing and use of information technology that enhance the ability of the Service to provide timely reports.
- Ensure that the organization complies with the reporting requirements of donors; prepares the reports and follows up their timely submission.
Salary: As per the Organization’s Salary scale
How To Apply:
Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church Child and Family Affairs Organization (EOTC-CFAO)