Finance and Admin Assistant – (Re-Advertisement.), Oromia, Ethiopia – IRC
International Rescue Committee – IRC is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title:Finance and Admin Assistant – (Re-Advertisement.), Oromia, Ethiopia – IRC
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Oromia, Ethiopia
Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Job Overview: The Finance and Admin Assistant has the overall responsibility of assisting a smooth implementation of day-to-day accounting transactions and administrative duties including communication supports for the area office, ensuring implementation of donors’ rules and regulations and IRC finance polices & procedure.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Effects all cash payments and collections made outside of the office (travel to field office)
- Prepares check and effect payments after approval from the designated official.
- Responsible to maintain files of financial records, agreements, and other documents.
- Records all cash in office, petty cash, and bank transactions on excel format using the correct codes and forward to Finance Officer for review.
- Keeping all used and unused finance vouchers in a safe place.
- Keep the petty cash fund in the safe box and replenish timely when reaches its minimum balance as per the IRC policy.
- Prepare cash transfer request and submit for Finance Officer/Manager for review.
- Track the status of personal advances and ensures their timely settlement.
- Assist the Finance Officer/ Manager in preparation of the reports.
- Carries out cash count at the end of every week and at any interval as per the IRC policy.
- Reconcile cash balance per records with the result of cash count.
- Make sure taxes and any other liabilities paid timely.
- Keep filing systems in which documents could be readily available and easily traced.
- Make sure each month financial documents scan is remained in the field office and filed before document send to Addis.
- Give attention to detailed accuracy and neatness in documentation.
- Perform financial duties in line with IRC Program, Personnel & Finance Regulations.
- Make sure that all finance documents are stamped with IRC Ethiopia Paid or Received stamp we send to Addis.
- Prepares and draft letters as required.
- Collect and Submit staff medical expense claims to Adama Field Office.
- Post vacancy announcements on IRC and local posting boards as required.
- Supervises cleaners daily and follow up their activities and work performances.
- Organize and facilitates IRC workshops and trainings as requested.
- Ensure the required office supplies, cleaning materials, & refreshment items are always available.
- Replace Finance Officer in her/his absence and undertake all duties as necessary.
- Performs any additional tasks as assigned to him/her by his/her supervisors.
KEY WORKING RELATIONS:
The Finance and Admin Assistant will directly report to the Finance Officer, with additional oversight from the HR/Admin Manager, Finance Manager and Field Coordinator.
- BA Degree/Diploma in Accounting.
- Minimum of 0 years’ experience for BA Degree holders and two years for Diploma holders.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Amharic, English and Afaan Oromo.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook).
- Operating excel, Word and Access are required.
- Knowledge of Sun Accounting system and/or other accounting software is advantageous
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Experience working in hardship areas and Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants to apply please follow this link:https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1649198696158
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: