Field Office Project Accountant
Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
With the fund obtained from European Commission, the Enhancing Job Opportunities and Employability for Youth and Women (EnJOY) Project will be implemented in two woredas of Oromia Regional National States by Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission through its branch office at Nekemte. For the implementation of the above described project ECCSDCO would like to recruit the following lists of human power.
Job Title: Field Office Project Accountant
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Nekemte
Salary: As per the scale of the organization
JOB PURPOSE: The Field Office Project Accountant is to assist Project Management, Field Personnel and Accounting Management to ensure invoicing on each project handled in an accurate, efficient and professional manner. Prepare summary of accounts and work sheets, maintains budgeting accounts, controls irregularities and variations, analyses accounting methods, compiles and interpret financial statements.
REPORTING LINES: The Field Office Project Accountant will report to Filed Office Project Coordinator and to the Senior Accountant at National Office.
- Prepare and analyses monthly and quarterly financial reports to provide key financial reports, analysis and commentary to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist planning, coordinating and organizing, and controlling the activities of general accounts and that of the whole functional operation of the project.
- Register or supervises the process and maintenance of records of revenues and disbursements, are correct and according to the established rules and regulations.
- Direct and controls the preparation of summaries of stores, account receivables, cash and bank schedules, and ensure the proper reconciliation of summaries with trial balance and ledger.
- Compiles financial statements, control accounts and report irregularities or variations and conduct investigations, analyses and evaluates accounting methods with the aim of prompting efficiencies.
- Assess the adequacy of the control environment in order to ensure adequate evidence to support the integrity of the financial statements is available.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respect for ECC-SDCO Code of Conduct and its Human Resource Management Policy
- Other duties as assigned by the by the project field Coordinator and the project management team
- BA Degree in Accounting and Finance and with at least
- 4 years experiences in NGOs;
- Intimate familiarity with both IFRS and Peachtree
- Microsoft Suite (Advanced Excel)
- Experience of financial reporting to governmental and donor partners
- Experience in project accounting and financial management of projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills budget
- Flexible pro-active starter
- Ability to work well as an individual and in a team Ability to manage an unpredictable workload in a challenging environment
- Belief in Ethiopian Catholic Church Mission and Vision
- An individual with experience working with a restricted
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How To Apply:
Contact Address: Addis Ababa: Tel 01 11573675/0911726096 and Nekemte: 0576611527/0936008901