Field office Manager- Save the Children Ethiopia
Save the Children Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions: Child Protection Case Management Officer – ( 210007L1 )
Field office Manager- Save the Children Ethiopia
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Child Safeguarding Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
- Save the children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation.
- The purpose of this position is to provide support for Dollo Field Office with efficient, hands-on, proactive HR and Administration support.
- A key component of this position will be supporting the HR & Admin Coordinator with end-to-end recruitment, with a focus on the administrative components of recruitment and selection.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Support Dollo field office in recruitment & report and other HR duties.
Working closely with the HR & Admin coordinator at Dollo field office and support Field Offices with recruitment through preparation of Job Profiles, Job Advertisements, arranging and attending interviews, preparation of recruitment minutes, issuing conditional offers etc.
- Ensure all recruitment related documentation is prepared in a timely and accurate manner including: preparation of conditional offers, contracts, pre-deployment checks etc.
- Create and maintain staff files, ensuring a high level of confidentiality and that staff files are complete, up-to-date and stored safely.
- Maintain recruitment files including keeping record of interview questions, job profiles, job advertisements, recruitment tracker.
- Comply with HR policies and practice within the department, complying with both employment law and SCI country office policy and provide necessary support to the staff as required.
- Assist the department in effective and efficient Performance Management System and work with coordinators in the department and to ensure that performance management is being practiced on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain good networks and relationships to keep abreast of other HR and Admin related information and to facilitate best practice information sharing externally and internally.
- Ensure that all subordinate staff e.g. guards, office attendants & compound supervisor performance and Effort report are done on timely basis.
- Ensure that every staff member submitted his/her leave plan in advance
- Taking lead of staff annual leave plan preparation and Leave utilization follow up
- Be the focal point for visitors to Dollo field office by facilitating travel support to all visitors including staff, donors, external visitors etc ensuring hotel booking, security briefing, transport, receiving guests etc.
- File documents and correspondence in their respective file holders as per the established filing keys and procedures.
- Plan, organize and schedule priorities in handling multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SCI resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Ensure office facilities, computers and accessories are in good condition and at all times ready for use.
- Ensure timely provision of essential services such as housekeeping and tea/coffee to employees.
- Ensure that computers are protected from viruses; maintain efficient utilization of administrative services: telephone, courier, communication radio, photocopier services, etc
- Ensure that administrative support is provided to other human resources management functions, i.e. dealing with post, e-mail, filing and photocopying. Also ensure that HR database of staff information is maintained and kept up to date.
- Work with the security guards to ensure movement of vehicles are in line with the security situation.
- Timely fueling of office generator upon authorization of the concerned person
- Ensure compound and Generator repairs are monitored and done on time with proper documentation in place.
- Conduct regular meetings with all the subordinate staffs
- Performs other related tasks as required c6NVOjf DmW5B2
- Work with the compound supervisors to ensure guesthouse purchases are timely when needed
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level, in Human Resource management or Management or Administration or equivalent.
- Resourcefulness and creativity in order to develop the role of HR within the programme and ensure the most effective support to line management.
Knowledge of Ethiopian employment law and models of good employment practice.
- Communication skills both written and verbal in order to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external audiences, including at a geographical distance.
- Good understanding of the issues that affect employee relations.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to think, identify the HR & Admin implications of the organization’s plans and to respond with an intermediary level.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Solution focused with the ability to work under pressure, quickly and flexibly.
- Understanding with the values and objectives of SCI
- Knowledge of local language and work with Save the children is advantageous.
- Good written and spoken English language skill.
- Computer literal with a good understanding and knowledge of IT related issues and internet applications.
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
- We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Closing Date: Feb 10, 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: