Field Manager job at Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd.
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. is looking for qualified applicants for Field Manager position
Terms of Reference / Job Description
Position: Field Manager (100% LOE)
Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Reporting to: Project Director
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
We are currently looking to expand our team with the addition of a Field Manager to support the overall field operations of an agricultural and food security project managed by Agriteam Canada in Ethiopia. Working in partnership with the Project Director, s/he will oversee the operations of the project in Ethiopia, translating the strategic direction and mandate of the project, as defined through a series of annual work plans, into project outcome results.
- Oversee and direct the work of all project technical and support staff in support of project priorities, including project finances, administration, logistics, planning, and coordinating of technical assistance advisors, management of field staff and advisors, consultants and experts.
- Coordinate contracting of local technical experts and provide support to contextualizing and adapting training materials.
- Manage all Ethiopian project relationships including technical assistance partners (individuals, organizations, government, etc.).
- Manage project relationships including coordination with other donor agencies and projects.
- Lead the annual work planning process including the consolidation and approval of an annual project budget that captures the strategic intent defined by the project’s Project Implementation Plan.
- Support the monitoring and reporting team, and oversee ongoing data collection and monitoring of project results that will be incorporated into the project progress and performance reports.
- Support finance officers, and oversee and manage the project’s field budget.
- Masters or Advanced Degree in management, administration, agriculture or an area relevant to international development, or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience (7 years in addition to the required experience).
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience working on complex, multi-stakeholder projects in a developing country.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional experience working on projects focused on agriculture growth, food security, governance and/or governance reform for social and economic growth and development.
- Experience managing/directing multi-year, multi-million dollar development projects, in developing countries and or post-conflict settings/fragile states.
- Strong familiarity with social safety net program implementation, preferably in Ethiopia or eastern Africa.
- Strong expertise and skills in relationship building, including creating and sustaining high performing teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of capacity development concepts and innovative approaches to developing capacity within the Ethiopian government.
- Fluency in English mandatory, additional languages considered an asset.
- Willing to relocate to Ethiopia for a minimum of two years.
- Experience in individual and organizational capacity development.
- Experience using participatory approaches and appreciative inquiry to ensure local ownership and commitment.
- Experience applying agricultural technology in developmental contexts.
- Working knowledge of common International Funding Agency project/program contract processes, policies and protocols.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and adaptability/flexibility capabilities.
Agriteam Canada offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.