GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agro-pastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors. GOAL E Humanitarian Response is centered on nutrition, WASH, livelihoods, multipurpose cash, NFIs and protection interventions in country wide while the recovery and development focus on livelihoods, economic opportunities, health, health and nutrition system strengthening and WASH with solid emphasis on integrated programming and community-based approach in Oromiya regional state. The Street Children programme is implemented with local partners in Addis Ababa and Hawassa.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
The Field Logistics Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the running of all components of Logistic & Supply Chain at the field office under the direct supervision of the Refugee/Programme Manager with technical support from the Logistics Coordinator. He/she will ensure logistics support on daily basis required for field Programme/operations activities related to supplies, fleet management & other related needs. Also aids with specific requests submitted by Logistics Coordination and authorized by the Refugee/Programme Manager at field office
· Procurement Management
· Stock Management
· Asset/Property Management
· Safety & Security Management
· Premise maintenance
· Fleet Management
· Staff Management
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Degree in Business Administrations, Logistics or Related field.
· 3 years’ experience in a similar role
· Good English language skill (Reading, Writing & Speaking).
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint etc.
· Capacity to work under stress, flexible, good team player, patient
· High level of integrity & honesty
· Strong communication skills.
· Flexibility is requested from GOAL staff, including short term assignments from the usual place of work.
· Part of any GOAL-employee responsibilities is the attendance of internal trainings (LINGOs. GOAL policies & donor regulations) as per the requirements of the organisation.
· Demonstrates management skills to deal with a myriad of tasks.
· Familiar with donor guidelines – IA, USAID/OFDA, ECHO, EU, EHAF, UNHCR, WFP, UNOCHA, BPRM etc.
Desirable qualities, skills and competences:
· 2 years’ experience in Multi-sectoral logistics skills is desired.
· Certification in CIPS/Fritz
· Experience of managing security issues in insecure/hostile environments:
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
· GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
· A chance to develop tangible experience.
· Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
· Applicants who have access to the internet can directly apply on line using www.ethiojobs.net
· Applicants without access to internet can submit to the Administration & Human Resources Department, GOAL Ethiopia P. O. Box 5504, Addis Ababa or personally to GOAL Ethiopia Head Office reception or at Somali Region Programme offices.
· Applicants are advised to fill GOAL Ethiopia’s Application Employment Form which can be found at (http://docs.ethiojobs.net/Goal_Ethiopia_Application_Form.docx) or from GOAL office/sites.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.
Jul 29, 2019