FAUX CLO Administrative Assistant at U.S. Embassy of United States, Addis Ababa ,Ethiopia
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 47-2016
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: FAUX CLO Administrative Assistant, FP-07*
OPENING DATE: June 30, 2016
CLOSING DATE: July 14, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time (40 hours/week)
SALARY: Not-Ordinarily Resident: FP-07*
Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-07*
*(Full pay will be determined by Washington)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for employment in country for the full-time temporary position not exceeding 6 months of FAUX CLO Administrative Assistant in the Management Section of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Community Liaison Office Coordinator is an integral part of the Management team and provides services to the Department of State and participating ICASS agencies. The CLO works independently under the direct supervision of the Management Counselor in developing and managing a comprehensive post program to maintain high morale while working in an ethnically and culturally diverse environment. The CLO identifies the needs of the post community and responds with effective programming, information and resources, and referrals; serving as the community advocate for employees and family members; advises post management on quality of life issues, recommends solutions, and advocates effectively for employee/family friendly post policies. The candidate should have considerable tact, diplomacy and compassion in a person-to-person contact with all members of the community.
The duties of the CLO are defined in following areas of responsibility: family member employment liaison, education liaison, information and resource management, guidance and referral, welcoming and orientation, community liaison, and events planning. The CLO develops and administers a program plan across the eight areas which is client-driven and responsive to post-specific needs.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in an office environment is required.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. English proficiency may be tested.
- Skills and Abilities: The position requires good organizational skills and competency using MS Office suite. The incumbent must have considerable tact and diplomacy and compassion in person–to-person contact with all members of the community
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail:HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6196).
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
See HOW TO APPLY Below