VISION FOR ETHIOPIA ASSOCIATION (VEA):
VEA is a legally registered Ethiopian resident charity focusing on child and community development interventions in Ethiopia. VEA is looking _for qualified and competent candidates for the Executive Director position.
General Job information
The Executive Director takes overall responsible for the planning, management and appropriate development of the YEA’S work. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the programming is context appropriate and meeting the expressed needs of the organization and will ensure that the VEA meets its contracted objectives and is accountable to donors and partners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents the organization in its Official dealings
- Be responsible for overall administrative and technical matters of the organization.
- Oversees proper implementation of all project activities of the organization.
- Prepares annual reports and plans (Financial and program) and monitors their proper execution.
- Develops proposals for donors and work on resource mobilization.
- Collects, complies and analyzes quarterly, bi-annual and annual physical implementation and budget utilization of various programs and projects.
- Directs and facilitates the establishment of proper protocols and guidelines for the operation of the technical activities of the organization.
- Play key leadership, manages and regularly evaluates the administrative and project staff of the organization.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements a comprehensive project / program activities based on the mandate and strategic directions of organization.
- Ability to communicate properly and work smoothly with donors, partners, and the board – Ensures utilization of organizational and program tools including strategic plan and guidelines.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take proactive measures against possible challenges, and resolve issues quickly, managing crises rapidly and effectively when necessary.
Reports To: Board of the organization
Academic Qualification – Minimum BA Degree or post graduate qualification in community development or related fields from a recognized University/College.
Work Experience: Minimum of 12 years for BA and 5 years for MA solid and demonstrable experience, child development experiences are plus.
Salary: According to the Organization scale