Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Position Start Date: Anticipated late fall 2012
The Finance Manager is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia S/He will: support the Chief of Party in assigned duties and specifically those tasks that relate to financial planning, management, and reporting. Major responsibilities will be directed towards managing small grants issued to local organizations.
Reporting & Supervision: The Finance Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures.
- Remain responsible for the receipt and accountability of all funds for program(performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy.
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Creative HQ in paper and electronic copies.
- Prepare financial documents and vouchers required
- Prepare weekly, quarterly, and annual fiscal report, as well as ad-hoc reports requested by senior staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in accounting or financial management desired; B.S. degree with at least 3 years of experience required.
- Public or private sector management, financial analysis, cost accounting and relevant experience preferably in developing countries
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior experience in the Financial Management of USAID programs
Creative Associates International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D .