Ethiopia – Chief of Party Communities in Transition Division
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Position Start Date: Anticipated late fall 2012
Based in Addis Ababa, the Chief of Party (COP) will have overall management responsibility for the project and will make key decisions and solve problems in short time frames, while ensuring operational and program integrity. The purpose of this activity is to put in place a cross-cutting project that will promote a broader collaboration between government, religious figures, and civil society to reduce sources of ethnic and religious outbreaks throughout Ethiopia. The COP will be the senior in-country program representative and will have overall responsibility for coordinating program activities. It is the COP’s responsibility to ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant USAID and U.S. Government rules and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision: The Chief of Party will report to the Project Director at Creative headquarters.
- Is responsible for overall technical and financial performance of the project;
- Manages/leads in-country staff to ensure that the project is achieving all deliverables;
- Ensures that technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to USAID and Creative’s policies and procedures;
- Through weekly communication, maintains and nurtures Creative’s relationship with USAID;
- Successfully manages the project’s relationship with local governments/ministries and other stakeholders;
- Oversees creation and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Engages in frequent, routine communication with the Home Office so that the Project Director is aware of both progress and potential issues. Solicits assistance and input as needed to ensure that the project’s performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in conflict mitigation, peacebuilding, social services, political science, international development, or a related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with conflict mitigation/peacebuilding and civil society development, such as NGO development, service delivery improvement, advocacy, conflict mitigation, and local governance strengthening;
- Demonstrated work experience in Ethiopia or East Africa;
- Experience in facilitating multi-sectorial collaboration among different technical fields and various type of stakeholders (NGOs, religious leaders, private sector, government, communities, youth groups, and international donors);
- Knowledge of Ethiopian culture, politics, and economic contexts;
- Spoken and written fluency in English;
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures.
Creative Associates International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D