International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Environmental Health Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Environmental Health Officer
- Undertakes detail need assessments
- Conduct the feasibility study of the water options proposed through community action plan
- Prepare design & detail bills of quantities, budget estimates in response to the proposed action plan in all intervention woreda.
- In coordination with other teams the EH Officer will Prepare detail water sector physical & financial implementation plan which includes but not limited to activity plan, spending plan and procurement plan
- Make sure the construction under the projects are with the highest quality standard and free of technical defects
- Confirm the accurate completion of every executed construction and timely prepare pay sheet as per the execution
- Source out and monitor labor required towards implementation of project interventions and make sure accurate implementation of the interpersonal norms and standards.
- Accurately Monitor the progress and implementation of subcontracted or own force project implementation as per the organization standards and work procedures
- Prepare detail specification for items to be procured and ensure its procurements are as per set specifications.
- Works closely with Region, Zone/Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the project by conducting regular field visits and joint monitoring with project steering committee
- Works together with other IRC EH, HP team and the supporting staff in good team spirit.
- Produces activity progress update and reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor and copy to the Field Manager and the Project manager
- In coordination departmental team conduct and facilitate different trainings for WUAs, artesian and for government partners per the project scope
- Provide any required technical support for the EHAs on the development of community action plans
- Ensure all the constructed activities are accurately handover to the concerned government bodies with full of recording data like GPS location, beneficiary, yields and history of water schemes, in well detailed manner at the right time before project phase out
- Accurately monitor and confirm the quality and quantity of delivery of both local and industrial materials supplied by suppliers and transporters are per the IRC standards and code of conducts. Ensure the project resources including the construction materials in all kebeles of the intervention woreda are well monitored and accurately used for the project purpose without any abuse.
- Compile and share the material utilization report at every two weeks.
- Coordinate with the woreda partners in water quality testing and in scheme disinfection and ensure it is done timely.
- facilitate Different field visit by coordinating with other EH team as needed
- In teamwork the team ensure high level of community participation in the project and regularly track the participation in terms of money with local labor market standard.
- Accomplish additional works as assigned by supervisor
- BA/MA Degree in water supply engineering /Sanitary Engineering/, hydraulic engineering or related engineering fields.
- 2 years of important experience for first degree holders and 1 years of significant experiences for post plus graduate degree respectively in water supply engineering /Sanitary Engineering/, hydraulic engineering or related engineering fields.
- Experience in handling from big to small scale water supply system schemes, sanitation facilities design in the rural community and having good knowledge of project management. NGO experience is preferable.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Basic computer skills (office), Microsoft office, Excel, word.
- Experience of data analysis software (Arc GIS and SPSS) is an asset.
- Experience of Engineering Software (Water cad, Epanet and Auto CAD etc)
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 20, august, 2022.