Job Title:Emergency Response Specialist, Flexible – Plan International
Location: Flexible, Flexible
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Plan International’s global strategy applies a full spectrum approach where Disaster Risk Management (DRM) is an integral part of everything the organisation does for children and girls, especially in fragile settings. A new DRM vision was developed in 2018 highlighting Plan’s ambition of becoming a global leader and the NGO partner of choice for promoting gender equality and protecting girls’ rights in disaster and conflict settings, working at the nexus of development and humanitarian efforts.
- Plan International has over the last 15 years developed a significant DRM portfolio (Euro 153 mill in FY 17) and focused its efforts on both mainstreaming DRM within its long term development programmes as well as building the necessary disaster preparedness and response capacity across the organization to ensure the delivery of timely and appropriate programmatic responses to crisis as per sector quality standards, The Core Humanitarian Standards, (CHS).
- As Emergency Response Specialist you will be responsible for developing our ability to respond effectively to emergencies. You will travel frequently to Plan International Country Offices or Regional offices and when required deploy at short notice to support scale up of emergency responses or to provide capacity building support to Country Offices.
- You will work with operational support departments (Finance, Logistics & Procurement, People & Culture, Fundraising, Security, IT, Systems) to support the integration of emergency response into standard tools, guidance and systems. In addition, the role will work on preparedness activities ensuring the organisation is ready to respond once an emergency occurs. The post holder will deploy to crises as needed to support scale up and strengthening emergency response operations and represent Plan International in relevant external fora and inter-agency coordination groups. You will ensure all work is developed and implemented in ways that improve gender equality and empowers girls and women and will be responsible for upholding and implementing relevant aspects of all Plan policies and procedures.
- You will have demonstrable experience of developing and leading gender responsive humanitarian programming and thorough knowledge of the programme and operations dimensions of implementing emergency responses and experience of leading emergency response operations.
- A creative problem solver with a flexible and adaptable approach you will develop and maintain collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and of motivating and influencing others.
Location: Flexible where Plan International has a legal entity and the applicant has the pre-existing right to work and live.
Type of Role: Permanent or fixed term contract if mandated by employment terms and conditions in location
Reports to: Head of Director Preparedness and Response
Salary: We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that this will vary according to the location of the appointed candidate and therefore it is not possible to include full details here. As an indication the salary offered in the UK would be in the region of £45000.
Possible locations may include: Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, China, Colombia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of incivility and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
Closing Date:02 March 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: