Emergency Rapid Response Manager – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Emergency Rapid Response Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Jijiga,Ethiopia.
Emergency Rapid Response Manager
- Coordinate assessment, planning and Emergency Response in Somali Region.
- Contribute and assist in drafting and preparing of emergency response concept notes development for direct interventions and the development of proposals, and budgets in coordination with head office technical and Grants teams.
- Take the lead in the preparation of program activities, procurement, and spending plans in collaboration with the team and other departments.
- Organize emergency operations, assessments, response planning, implementation, and supervising emergency response in new locations and setting-up office and warehouse when needed.
- Assist in hiring field staff in conjunction with the Human Resources team and maintain updated job and orient new staff to the IRC and the ERR/EH program
- Prepare designs and BOQs for Water and Sanitation infrastructures including water scheme rehabilitations, new water scheme developments, sanitation facilities and other infrastructures and supervise quality of construction works.
- Monitor and make sure that all ERR interventions are done with in the required qualities and time frame.
- Monitor the purchase and use of materials, equipment and supplies and assist in tracking emergency supplies dispatch, distribution and utilizations in different disaster affected communities and construction sites including full documentation.
- Oversee the implementations of the ERR & WASH program to ensure the program is implemented according to schedule and budgets, standards, and that program objectives are met.
- Work closely with the IRC teams in Addis and in Jijiga to ensure activities are implemented as per the standard and required qualities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Participate in Projects Opening (POM), Implementations (monthly PIMs), Closing (PCM), Learning (PLM) meetings and monthly Budget Vs Actual (BVA) review meetings and ensure action points from the meetings are addressed, supervised and reported on time.
- Assist in tracking and review of spending of ERR interventions in the field in line with original plan, and burn rate goes in line with the activity implementation progress and take actions timely.
- Manage and oversee all ERR/EH grants; develop and maintain work, spending (finance utilization) and procurement plans for all projects.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews and make necessary recommendations for actions to the concerned field support teams of finance, supply chain, HR/Admin and ensure regular cleaning up of the commitments in the BVA.
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure proper financial management of the grants and budgets are spent according to the program plan.
- Ensure compliance with donor and grant requirements as stipulated in the grant agreements.
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as the need arises.
- Assure appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals, grant reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
- Assist in setting up, implementing and monitoring of client feedback mechanism.
- Closely work with MEAL team on the project indicator tracking, conducting internal baseline/endline assessments as well as collecting and addressing of client feedbacks.
- Facilitate IRC, Government and donor monitoring visits and trips to the project sites and Project Evaluation.
- Participate and assist in the monitoring of IRC direct interventions and sub granted projects.
- Conduct frequent field monitoring visit of the ERR/EH projects and provided feedbacks and remedial action in timely manner.
- Conduct regular monitoring and internal evaluations including annual KPC surveys.
- Oversee the timely preparation and submission of field reports.
- Compile and share internal reports (weekly progress updates, monthly progress reports, monthly management reports, indicator tracker, etc) to the concerned bodies in their due date.
- Compile and share external reports (Donor and government quarter, annual and terminal reports), W4 matrixes, and assessments reports to the concerned technical teams at Addis in their due date.
- Ensure the proper documentation of program records.
- Ensure to maintain updated job descriptions and manage the recruitment of ERR/EH staffs in collaboration with the technical and HR teams at head office.
- Orient all new staff about the IRC and the ERR/EH program activities and ensure ERR/EH staff understands and follows IRC and donor Policies and Procedures.
- Provide ongoing technical and managerial support for all ERR//EH teams and ensure
- Performance Management System documentation is in place and followed up regularly.
- Ensure that clear goals are set for all ERR/EH team and conduct timely performance review of staffs to provide coaching, mentoring and ongoing regular feedbacks on the team performance.
- Provide ongoing leadership to the project team and overseeing implementation and coordination of activity plans to ensure targets are met.
- Provide ongoing supervision, and technical support and guidance to ERR/EH staff, and ensure all emergency EH staff adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program/projects implementation
- Build staff capacity in work plan development and reporting to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities.
- Recommend and implement a capacity building/development plan for ERR/EH staff based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.
- Coordinate and lead Emergency Response Teams including emergency Health, EH, CWI, ES-NFIs and CPE in Emergency to effectively implement emergency response interventions in Somali region and ensuring to follow-up staff safety and security procedures.
- Provide technical support for other departments as required.
- Take any additional responsibilities as requested by supervisors (technical coordinators and/or Field Coordinator).
- Take part in multiagency field assessments (seasonal/rapid) and rapid needs’ assessment in the event of an emergency in consultation with technical and field teams.
- Attend relevant Task Forces and liaise with relevant Government Bureaus and NGOs in the area.
- Strengthen inter-departmental collaboration and build working relationships with IRC program and operation teams through facilitating regular staff meetings for increased integration and teamwork.
- Ensure government agreements (MoU) for each project are signed with relevant regional government Bureaus on time.
- Represent IRC at Regional and Zonal WASH cluster Coordination and other relevant emergency coordination forums organized by UN, Government, donors and other NGOs.
- Assist the regional cluster in assessment, preparation of guidelines, other technical documents etc.
- Organize and share regular IRC update to the WASH cluster including 4W matrixes.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders – including NGOs, UN agencies, Gov’t representatives and other IRC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination.
- Ensure that information or updates on emergency situations from coordination meetings is shared internally to supervisors and with other sectors, as appropriate.
- BSc Degree or MSc Degree in Hydraulic Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, and other Environmental Health related from recognized university.
- 4 years relevant experience in EH, preferably in a humanitarian setting (refugee/IDP camps, or emergency response) for first degree and 3 years of relevant experience for postgraduate.
- At least 2 years management experience.
- Competent in Windows, MS office, & Auto Cad, Water Cad, Epanet, email and database experience.
- Experience of supervising staff and interaction with partners and donors.
- Proven management, project planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Local knowledge and understanding of current contexts and management of emergencies in Somali region.
- Ability to organizing and facilitation of trainings.
- Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment.
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
- Strong communication, networking, and representation skills.
- Self-motivated, honest, and highly responsible.
- Have excellent skill in coordination and integration with external stakeholders \.
- Must be able to function effectively in a complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with competing priorities and pressure.
- Demonstrated experience in working with large, multi-sectoral grants and projects. Including supervising procurement, activity and spending plans, indicator track and devising timely course-correction strategies when required.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven track record to prioritize and deliver on time.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 31, October , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: