Electrician, LICA-4, UNOPS, Tsore – 31519 – UNHCR
UNHCR is looking for qualified and competent applicant for the following position:
Electrician, LICA-4, UNOPS, Tsore – 31519 – UNHCR
Grade: General Support
Occupations: Maintenance, Facility and Security Services
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
PROCEDURES AND ELIGIBILITY
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The incumbent is responsible for maintenance, repair, overhaul, and rebuilding of diesel generators and other electrical appliances within the premises of UNHCR. S/he is also expected to apply and ensure adherence to safety programmes related to the safe operation of air-conditioning and refrigeration installations, electrical systems, generating sets or power tools and equipment of the building and maintenance trade.
- Ensure that all new electrical installations in the office and guesthouse premises are done in accordance to the standard acceptable norms of performance and safety.
- Identify and advise the office on any improperly done and already existing electrical installations and undertake remedial action to bring them up to standard.
- See to it that all electrical installations in the office and guesthouse premises are properly maintained so as not to pose a danger to staff members or to the equipment connected thereto.
- Oversee all maintenance activities carried out on the office/ guesthouse power generators by external contactors.
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the office/ guesthouse power generators, including regular checks on the oil levels, fuelling and adding water/ coolant.
- Identify obsolete or unsafe equipment and recommends replacements.
- Draw up a list of spare parts which are required.
- Advise and assist the office concerning the purchase of suitable and good quality electrical materials and supervise all electrical works that the office may assign to external contractors.
- Enforce the respect of established local and international electrical standards for all electrical installation and maintenance activities that carried out in the office/ guesthouse premises by external contractors.
- Carry out the physical inventory check.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Electrical Studies;
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All jobs at UNHCR require six core competencies and may also require managerial competencies and/or cross-functional competencies. The six core competencies are listed below.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Cross-Functional Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Jo
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the following link: https://www.unjobnet.org/jobs/detail/34115700
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- An Eliminatory or complementary written test for shortlisted candidates may be conducted which will be followed by competency-based interview.
- Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants must be nationals of and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
The Closing Date for Submission of Application is Thursday 25 November 2021 (Mid Night Ethiopia Time).
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: