Editor-in-Chief – Media and Communications Center
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Develop the monthly editorial vision and tailor stories to the theme.
- Supervise reporters and editors through editing articles and leading editorial meetings.
- Provide support and guidance to the editorial team.
- Approve final drafts prior to publication.
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Develop and monitor editorial budgets and timelines.
- Oversee editorial strategy and identify trends in coverage.
- Represent the publication internally and externally.
- Mentor and develop the skills of the editorial team members.
- Ensure strict accuracy and compliance standards are met.
- Measure and analyze performance metrics to optimize content.
- Oversee the hiring process for new editorial staff.
- Interview and evaluate candidates.
- Make recommendations on hiring decisions.
- Onboard and train new editorial hires.
- Evaluate the performance of reporting staff.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science fields.
- At least five years of experience managing newsrooms.
- Extensive experience managing content production workflows.
- Fluency in English communication skills.
- Proven copyediting and writing abilities.
- Strong managerial and leadership experience.
- Analytical thinking for impactful cover stories and special reports.
- Understanding of relevant business sectors.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: email@example.com Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 06, October , 2023.