Driver – United Nations Population Fund
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Jijiga,Somali ,Ethiopia.
- Providing reliable and safe driving services, you will uphold the highest standards of discretion and integrity;
- Have a deep sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
- You will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Providing reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of UNFPA staff, officials and visitors; delivery and collection of mail and documentation; meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, including managing visa and customs formalities when required;
- Keeping abreast of traffic and road and security and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings;
- Managing all aspects of vehicle maintenance; conducting minor repairs and cleaning; arranging for major repairs and service to ensure vehicle kept in good running condition; keeping daily vehicle logs; and assisting in the preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and history reports;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Keeping track of insurance and tax formalities;
- Acting as a translator in local language for official passengers, where necessary;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Guiding and coaching junior drivers as appropriate;
- Assisting CO staff with general administrative duties as required.
- Completed Secondary Level Education.
- Certificate in Auto Mechanics.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Three years’ work experience as a driver in an international organisation, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills.
- Skilled in minor vehicle repairs.
- Basic knowledge of the official UN language of the duty station. Knowledge of local language in Jijiga is desirable.
How to applyInterested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 31, May , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 5 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa