Driver – UNDP
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Bule Hora, Ethiopia.
- Provide reliable and safe driving by driving office vehicles for the transport of UN staff members, high-ranking officials, and official visitors, delivering and collecting mail, documents, and other items, contributing to smooth office functioning,
- Liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate the smooth running of vehicle movement in the designated area,
- Keep abreast of developments in local security situations including security information that might have an impact on movement,
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports,
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely checks of oil, tires, brakes, vehicle cleaning, and washing, etc.,
- Ensure availability of all required documents/supplies for the assigned vehicle such as vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle,
- Ensure that actions required by law as well as UN rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident,
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Secondary Education, driver’s license, knowledge of driving rules and regulations, and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Minimum two years’ work experience as a field driver in different country regions; safe driving record and particular operational/driving experience.
- Excellent driving skills with a thorough knowledge of local road regulations and knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance,
- Good knowledge of the region and the condition of roads,
- Understand OCHA values and ethics and demonstrate them in day-to-day activities,
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information,
- Organize and plan your own work routine,
- Respond quickly to arising and foreseen requests,
- Positive and constructive attitude with a client-oriented approach.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit their CVs, copies of relevant documents, and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org Use the title of the position as the email’s subject.
Deadline: 18, February, 2024.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 20 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa