Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title: Driver
The Driver will provide transportation support to Eliminate Tuberculosis from Ethiopia (ETBE) project staff and visitors for project-related activities. Deliver program materials and equipment to project implementation areas (regions, zones, woredas and health facilities) as appropriate. The Driver maintains project vehicles and log of vehicle use, cleans and follows up on vehicles services timeframe for the wellbeing of the vehicles in conformity with MSH’s Safety and Security Policies.
- Ensure the project vehicle assigned is in top condition, well oiled, well fueled, clean inside and outside, and ready for use each day with appropriate toolkits, first-aid-kits, personal protective materials (PPM).
- Drive, maintain and servicing the project vehicles in keeping with the highest safety standards.
- Ensuring proper long-term and day-to-day maintenance of all vehicles, including checking oil and other fluids, battery, brakes, tires, and other critical equipment.
- Performing pick-ups, deliveries, repairs and makes purchases of office supplies as directed by supervisor.
- Keeping log of vehicle use, maintenance, and service.
- Greeting and directing visitors.
- Arranging for the collection and delivery of mail or documents, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by superiors within the driver’s capacity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma is required.
- Have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record to drive field vehicles.
- Having qualification in an auto- mechanic is added advantage.
- Experience on cash handling and payment service is desirable
- 5+ years of work experience in similar programs in Ethiopia and Previous experience with USAID or other USG funded projects is an advantage.
- Proven punctuality and ability to work as part of a team and excellent references is a must.
- Computer literacy is an advantage
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- Willingness to travel frequently within the project implementation area is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can apply for this position on the MSH website by Clicking Apply For This Job below
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.